“Beautiful property, beautiful staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol
Ranked #82 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Wailuku, United States
“Beautiful property, beautiful staff”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel is located a few blocks from Union Station and on the same block as a Metro stop. Super convenient location, the rooms are very nice, very clean. The daily service was wonderful and the hotel staff were so helpful in every situation. I had my cab taken by other people twice one morning and the staff were so helpful getting me another one both times. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Stacey M
Gem G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Stacey M,
I am thrilled to have read your comments and to have heard how happy you were with the cleanliness, comfort and staff service. Having you definitely recommend this hotel to others is the icing on the cake. I have passed along your comments to the TEAM and we look forward to your return visit to Our Nations' Capitol.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Turkish first
Hagatna, Guam
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Its so helpful to have an affordable hotel in the city that is so close to everything. The metro is right around the corner. Harris Teeter is right next door along with several great restaurants too. They have a self-serve laundry room too opposite the pool so you can load your stuff to wash and soak in the hot-tub or cool off in the pool

1 Thank Robert Z
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I dont like to write reviews on service, but I couldnt help but do so. My experience here would have been phenomenal had I not been charged twice and had no resolution, had my room not been dirty, and my wife wasnt blatantly ignored at checkout while she stood there with our newborn while several other professionals were served before her. Did they think she was standing in line to hold a place for every other person checking out that day? I think this hotel does a superior job catering to those who are "HHonors" members or those that have a decent size bank roll. I guess instead of buying the basic room, I should purchased a luxury suite and maybe the service and treatment would have been better. I felt like my family was treated like 2nd class citizens, and we still are to this very moment given the fact our issues still remain unresolved. Its coming on close to 2 weeks since we were there and I have still been ignored. I was even willing to let the lack of cleanliness be a non issue, until dozens of other issues followed suit. A simple family trip to D.C. for our newborn and my wives birthday turned into added stress. Thanks for the stress and hassle because it was superior.

Room Tip: Further away from the city, the more pleasant your stay will be. A lot of "pompous" employ...
1 Thank Rob G
Airdrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days including the 4th of July. Booked hotel in error and after reading reviews was a bit worried. However thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Without being asked we were switched to another room away from the night club across the road. Staff were very friendly and room was clean and tidy. Nothing was too much bother for the staff. Good location for Metro. Harris Teeter next door is a real bonus. Would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jim M
Montville, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The room was clean and moderately comfortable, however, very noisy. People next door kept trying to unlock the connecting door and knocking at inordinate moments. The food could also stand with some improvement. Although the chef is touted as award winning, I haven't had one tasty meal there and ate 3 meals. More or less an uneventful but boring stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Chicago, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The rooms are updated and clean. The staff tries to be helpful. The lobby is cramped, and smells like pool water. The location is not easily walkable to sights, but Metro is right around the corner. There is a nearby grocery, and a few inexpensive eataries.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family and I have literally traveled all over the world, travelling in the Air Force. But we have never experienced the high level of genuine customer serve that we received at the Hilton Garden Inn in Washington DC. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. My family and I will definitely stay there the next time we visit the DC area and will recommend this locations to other family members and friends.

3 Thank rdthompso1204