1. They changed our room reservations upon arrival so our group was no longer bunking together.
2. I walked into my room to discover a gray-haired man masturbating on his bunk.
3. Some people wore only underwear in the rooms, the halls and bathrooms.
4. There was a fight outside my window at 2 a.m. with screaming and a crowd cheering them on. After 30 minutes, I called the police. (Why didn't the hostel staff? It was literally, literally directly in front of my window.)
5. When we decided to not stay for our second night for the above reasons, we were told that despite our experience, there was a strict 24 hour cancellation policy so our credit cards would be charged for the second night anyway. We've tried to communicate via email with the manager to no avail so far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most centrally located hostel in Washington, DC. We are just blocks, and less than 10 minutes away from The Capitol, The Monuments, The Museums, and all of the major attractions in the Capital. Feel free to explore, or just spend the time on our roof top patio, and utilize our roof top pool and Jacuzzi access on weekdays! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Capital View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.