“great meal”
Review of Point Chaud Cafe and Crepes - CLOSED

Point Chaud Cafe and Crepes
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: My review: Fantastic and original Crepes, the brunch Crepes were delicious and the price was a lot less than what we thought it would be. Very friendly staff, the food was very European. This place is a must for breakfast!
Atlanta
“great meal”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Great food and pleasant service. Ate here twice this week and enjoyed both meals. Great change of pace from regular breakfast places.

• Visited May 2012

Norwood, Massachusetts
“Very good!”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Saw this place from the hotel across the street, and decided to try it. I thought I was back in Paris! Espresso was perfect, and the crepes were amazing. I had blueberry/sour cream, and my husband had banana/strawberry/nutella. It was great that you can watch them make the crepes. The next night we went back to taste the gelatto. Not exactly the same as Europe, but very good indeed.

Visited May 2012
Poconos, PA
“Very affordable if somewhat unconventional crepes in downtown DC”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I was glad to discover this little crepe place on 14th near S St NW. They make crepes to order from a menu divided into 'sweet' and 'savory'. I chose to mix the tastes with a fresh apple and cheddar combo, which was tasty and satisfying. The crepes are unusual, though, in that they are crispy rather than soft, and a bit thicker than a conventional crepe. To top off the meal or snack, Point Chaud also brews Illy coffee. Mine was a soy latte, which was passable, but I come from a town with exquisite lattes. I appreciated being able to breakfast for less than half what my hotel charged for a breakfast buffet. Service was quick and friendly. The water was free. Just don't expect gourmet standards, but for a decent, affordable, and satisfying breakfast, this place is just fine.

• Visited April 2012
“I made a believer of my boyfriend”
Reviewed 8 April 2012 via mobile

On our way to the Smithsonian from our hotel we needed to stop to get breakfast. This was the first shop we saw that was open and I lOVE crepes so we stopped. My boyfriend complained that he just wanted "a normal breakfast." We both ordered the DC Brunch Special and coffee and took our seat. Service was very fast, so we quickly got our food. As soon as my boyfriend took a bite he said "I was wrong; this is amazing." The crepes were excellent! I especially loved the avocado. It was so good that my boyfriend suggessted we go back the next day. I would highly recommend this cafe to anyone in the area. Even if you don't think crepes are for you - you won't regret it!

Pittsburgh
“Good Breakfast Crepe”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I went to this restaurant for breakfast while in DC to see the Cherry Blossoms. It was a short walk from my hotel in Thomas Circle. It is just a little cafe, nothing special about the atmosphere but the crepe I had was very good. I got a sweet crepe that was filled with 4 different kinds of berries. It wasn't exactly what I expected because the crepe was crispier than crepes I have had in other places. It was very tasty though and stuffed with berries. I thought it was delicious. I wish I had time to go back and try a savory crepe.

• Visited March 2012