“One of my best Westin stays ever!”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #42 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Grand Forks, North Dakota, USA
“One of my best Westin stays ever!”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I was pleasantly surprised to have such a warm and welcoming staff. I'm a frequent business traveler and am a member of several hotel reward programs, but the staff at the Westin Georgetown was the best I've experienced in a while. I arrived early and had to wait for a room but I was sent a complimentary tea service that evening for my inconvenience. The room was warm and comforting and I took the time to enjoy the spa tub. Even on my way to the airport, one of the bellmen, Deenny, made sure my cab experience was the best it could be. I'll definitely return to the Westin Georgetown on my next trip to DC.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My family and I recently stayed at the Westin Georgetown for 7 nights. Overall, we found the hotel to be comfortable and conveniently located to Georgetown (a nice 5 block walk in the evening). It was a bit of a walk, in the heat, to the nearest Metro station (Foggy Bottom) but not too bad. We got a lot of great advice on restaurants and 4th of July questions from Jefferey, the concierge. His advice and reservation making ability really invaluable to our group of 8. Aside from Jefferey, the staff was not all that helpful...when asked, help was given, but not provided without a request being made. Our rooms were comfortable and clean, as we expect at a Westin. Our only other wish for a Westin is that they would leave room in those silly in-room refridgerators filled with stuff to buy for a few things the customer could add and keep cold. We never buy those over priced sodas and munchies and never will.

Room Tip: If you are a Starwood Preferred customer, ask to get a room upgrade...the 6th floor is set aside for...
Philadelphia
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Location, Location, Location. That is one of the strongest points of this hotel. Walking distance to Georgetown, Dupont Circle and The Mall. Very attentive staff. Excellent food in the restaurant. Cute little bar downstairs. Specail thanks to Amadou who was very cheerful all the time and took very good care of our kids' needs while we were staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: Our room faced M street and it was fine.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times and there is no other hotel I would stay at in DC. From the moment I was greeted by the valet I knew my stay would be remarkable. He was all smiles, even in 100 degree heat, and extremely helpful and informative. I had 2 sleeping rooms reserved and I needed to confirm the second room was a double. When the guest in that room arrived 2 hours after my checking in; the front desk agent acknowledged both of us by name. The sleeping room was gorgeous and very spacious. Westin soap and toiletries they provide are my favorites! The location of the hotel is fabulous. Just blocks away from anything you need, including the metro. There is absolutely nothing negative I can say about this hotel.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Love the Westin Georgetown - I've stayed in many different hotels in DC for business trips and this one is my favorite. Good gym, great location close to Georgetown and Rock Creek Park for runs, and very friendly staff. Special shout out to Amadou who is my favorite: it makes me smile when he is at the door!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 July 2011

The bellhops at this hotel were very friendly and tried their hardest to make you laugh as soon as you get out of your car. The staff was multi-cultural and very nice.There was a man named Amadou from Mali and another from Nicaragua who were very quick to help us with our bags. The Concierge, George, is great at recommending the best restaurants and can get you reservations on the spot!

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. There were lots of pillows on the bed and even the mattress on the roll-away bed was think and comfy. The bathroom was HUGE with a 2-headed shower and jacuzzi tub. We didn't use the swimming pool, but it was full all weekend! They put a bowl of fresh fruit on the front desk every morning which made for a good on the go snack.

Be aware that the elevators require you to place your room key into a slot in order to operate it, so if you go in one without the key holder, you CAN get stuck in it.....as I did! Luckily my husband was right behind me! The walls are a little thin...we could hear our neighbors perfectly every morning.

Room Tip: Any room that views the courtyard is nice!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 July 2011

The staff was wonderful...helpful, kind and professional. One individual in particular must be mentioned: a Doorman by the name of Haile. This man was beyond courteous, helpful, friendly, professional and kind. He MADE the trip for my 80 year old mother who was initially leery of traveling to DC from IL. She kind of "came alive" whenever she spent time with Haile! You truly have an individual worthy of much praise and recognition!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family