“"Heavenly" and great location”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #41 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
klassykat
“"Heavenly" and great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

This hotel has everything you'd expect from a Westin hotel: the amazingly comfortable beds, a "heavenly shower", and helpful staff. My room- with its lovely king sized bed- had a shower and a separate bathtub that was large and wonderful. In the lobby, there is water flavored by slices of cucumber. I thought this was a nice touch.

The location was great, though this really is too west to be considered Georgetown (and therefore benefits by being close to the metro stations). It is a few blocks from GWU, foggy bottom, and the Dupont Circle area.

The cons: The rooms were a tad small. I also thought that internet was grossly overpriced.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
New jersey and washington, dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

My husband travels frequently to Washington DC. I went to school at GWU and love going back to visit when I can. The Westin in Georgetown is such a great location. You are on the tip of Georgetown shopping on M Street and close to Dupont restaurants. I love being able to bring our two small dogs when we travel there. It is nice to still have luxury with pet friendly locations. We had a wonderful experience here at this hotel and would reccomend it to anyone visiting the area. We met a very nice and welcoming doorman while we were there named Deenny. He made us feel at home while we were there. This was a great locale and had great service.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

My recent stay at the Westin Georgetown was everything I expected from a Westin. It really exceeded my expectiations. The hotel was beautifully decorated, welcoming, accommodating, clean and quiet.

The entire staff I encountered was courteous, happy and quick to accommodate. You are always greeted by the staff no matter when they see you or the hour. The Staff's attention to details regarding guest accommodations and request is more than impressive.

The Valet staff never let me touch a bag or a door. They always remembered and called me by my name and also made sure as a woman, I felt secure and safe. They were always conscious and concerned about my safety and as a result, I felt safe and secure.

The Hotels food menu had a wonderfuls assortment of food items that were absolutely delicious. Food was prepared fresh everytime and server hot and timely in the resturant and
to the room by room service.

The airline lost my bag upon my arrival and because of the wonderful ammenties the hotel offers, I did not miss not having my luggage. The hotel promptly delivered my bag to me upon receipt of the bag from the Airline's delivery service.

Ayman, Halle, Solomon, three other gentlemen from Valet (I forgot their names), Melvin, Susie, Amsalle, (front Desk), Jeffrey, Concierge, the Room Service staff, Housekeeping staff, and the resturant Hostess and server. Thank you all for making my stay one of the best and one I will always remember and appreciate.

This will be my hotel choice whenever my travels bring me to Washington D.C.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

There were things that were great and things that were not so great, but I'd stay here again. The rooms are nice, but very small; we BARELY had room for a cot with the king size bed and they were sold out of double rooms (I don't think they have many because of the room sizes). They did let me check in very early and were very friendly. We did have to call to get our AC to work (they said the chiller was off on the roof) and we did have some condensation leaking from the ceiling onto our toilet.
The bell staff were THE BEST! Amadou and Erwing were SO accomodating and friendly; even when I ran out of tip money they were nothing but gracious!!!!
So, I'd stay here again, just good to know what you are getting.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Excellent location in Georgetown & great service. Our room was small but clean & comfortable. The bellman (Amadou & Erwing) and restaurant staff were very pleasant & courteous.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

The room was terrific, and so was the service. There is a very pleasant bellman there named Ahmad who was incredibly helpful and courteous. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

Hotel was located nicely for our visit. The staff was very good, especially Amadou and Erwing. The gym could have been better equipped but the bed was "heavenly"!!! Thought wifi should have been free.

Stayed November 2011, travelled with family