After getting stuck in the elevator for 10 minutes, I was beginning to be concerned. However - the staff really came through and the engineers not only rescued us but escorted us up the next elevator and to our rooms with a smile. The operator who was on the phone with me was very nice and reassuring. The manager sent up a nice bottle of wine and cheese platter. After calming our nerves with the wine, we walked into Georgetown for a nice dinner.
The room was ok and pretty much average for an older hotel. It is a"green" hotel so you have to put your room key in the slot to get power. The trouble is that the thermostat then resets to 72 and the room was a bit stuffy on our return. The thermostat was difficult to operate and I spent a lot of time it seems pushing buttons. I finally used a second key to keep the heat where I wanted it while I was out. The lightbulbs in the lamps are the energy efficient CFLs and not quite bright enough...however...the bulbs in the bathroom are the newer LEDs. The result is that the toilet room has the very best light for reading of any hotel I have ever stayed at! I am not sure that is what they were going for but ok, I'll take it.
The doormen Erwing and Amadou, were wonderfully friendly and helpful - they were absolutely great.
Although a platinum, no upgrade.
The bar was pleasant and had some lighter fare food which was nice when we did not want a full on meal. The breakfast was fine but the $5.50 coffee seemed high when the OJ was only $5
If not for the great staff, I would rate average but they made the difference in our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel Better when you leave than when you arrived! A short walk or subway ride to The White House, Georgetown's shops and restaurants, the Kennedy Center, and Dupont Circle. The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. Is a refreshing choice for travel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Georgetown, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Westin