“Very comfortable but had a weird feeling”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #36 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Room was big and the bed was heaven. Staff very nice and polite. I just didnt like that system they have that if you touch some of the food or beverages on your disposal (for a high fee) you will be charged for it.. gives the sensation that your are an untrusted guest. Also, WiFi is available for a fee.. in a over-US$200-a-night hotel!? May be it is how all hotels are now in the U.S.?

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Kristen S, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and our future guests will as well!
Stay well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,942)

Reviewed 6 September 2012

I was at the hotel while attending the World AIDS Conference this year. I like the location, closer to Georgetown as well as number of government offices I was planning to visit. But I am not sure whether the room rate is overpriced or not. I know it was busy time and most hotels were booked at the time which led to booking this hotel. Concierge staff were great. Reception staff were OK. For the price paid for this hotel, they could easily provide services like WiFi free. But I had to pay separately for that. One thing really cool was were different adapters to charge your iPhone or smart phones. That reduced the number of cables I had to use to charge my two iPhones. Rooms were nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Kristen S, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Thank you for your review. Your comments will help future guests plan their trips. We hope you enjoyed Washington DC & your conference. We hope you would visit us again should your travels bring you back to the area.
Enjoy.
Kristen

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stayed at the hotel over the Labor Day weekend. As a Platinum member, we were upgraded to a studio suite which was really spacious and nice. We love the comfortable beds, separate shower, bathtub and toilet areas, the double shower heads, and the swift internet speed in the room. The staff were super friendly and pleasant, and the location is very delightful and convenient. Just 10-15 mins drive from the Reagan Airport, it is relatively close to numerous shops and restaurants. It's a 10 minute walk to Georgetown (shopping and food!), 5-10 mins walk to the nearest Hop-on-Hop-off bus stop (an efficient means of transport around the city), 20 mins walk to The White House. We had breakfast at the nearby Bread & Chocolate just across the street, which is really good. You'll be spoilt for choices when it comes to dining in the area. Overall, a very highly recommended hotel to stay in Washington.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review! It was filled with wonderful information for our future guests. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the holiday weekend with us and were able to enjoy Washington DC. We hope you are able to visit again.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the Labour Day long weekend for 2 nights. It was a nice clean hotel with an outdoor pool and excellent gym facility. Although the pool was quite small is was adequate. The rooms were not that big but the bathrooms were amazing. We had a separate shower and tub and a separate enclosure for the toilet. The counterspace for the sink was also large which was fantastic because that is a typical problem with a lot of other hotels. The staff were friendly and very helpful! The location was ideal, located on a busy street with eateries around, as well as a gas station a block over, and two 24-hr convenience stores. We were able to walk to all the major attractions (Washington Monument, White House, DC cupcakes, etc..) but it is a good 20-30min walk. We are adamant walkers so it was great for us even with the hot weather. However if you do not like walking a lot, you can also take the cabs or public transportation. Overall, we were very happy with the stay and was what we expected from any Westin hotel.

Room Tip: If you're overpacking and don't have space for gym clothes, the hotel allows you to rent clo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review & highlighting our Gear Lending program. We are very excited about this program, allowing guests to save some space in their bags but still be able to have that invigorating work out while they stay. Your review will assist our future guests enjoy the property.
Wishing you a wonderful Fall.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

My husband is platinum with Starwood and he asked me and the kids to tag along on this business trip to D.C. We are big fans of Westin and this one in Georgetown is amazing. The location is perfect. The kids and I walked everywhere during the day while my husband was in meetings and then we had amazing dinners at night. We had booked two connecting rooms and called ahead to ask for an early check-in. Much to our delight, the director of rooms upgraded us to the Presidential Suite!!! It had so much space for our little ones to run, an unreal balcony and view. To top it all off, they sent up a tray of cookies and milk for our kids. The kids were so excited I took a photo of them and sent it to the Director of Rooms as a thank you. He then shared it at the staff meeting, so for the rest of our stay our kids were mini-celebs and were known as "the milk and cookie girls." The hotel pool is perfect on the roof top and we ordered lunch via room service to the pool. It was delivered quick and was enjoyed by all. I sure hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with kids, call ahead and let the front desk know.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

The “Milk & Cookie Girls” are celebrities!! Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience. We love our littlest travelers! We hope you are able to return.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

We stayed one night and enjoyed the Westin, though in my view, it is just outside Georgetown. There were no places to eat in the hotel as they are being redone (should be finished in September), but close to the hotel are ample choices for dinner, lunch and breakfast. The rooms were clean and the location is still good with easy access and parking.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to share that our food & beverage venues have opened, Boveda & the Caucus Room. Hopefully you can visit us again if you return to the area!

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed on an overnight at this hotel outside Georgetown/Dupont Circle and I must say, I fell in love with. From the very moment I arrived, I felt pampered while taking in the luxurious decor of the hotel. I booked this last minute and still found a great price that was far lower than the competitors in the 4 star plus range. The room was elegant and very large. I could have lost myself in the bathroom that had a separate shower and bath, along with a private toilet room. The service is A plus and they accommodated my request for allergy free pillows. The room service menu offered a delectable choice of food items that make me want to come back again.

Room Tip: I had an upper-level room facing Dupont Circle - a great city view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for such a fun review! We love our bathrooms and appreciate you highlighting them. We do hope you return as we are very excited about our new food & beverage venues, Boveda and the Caucus Room!
Anticipating your return! Stay well.