“Modern Comfort”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #38 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bay Area, CA
“Modern Comfort”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed at the hotel in January and found it to be perfect. Room had a large tub which was perfect after a long cold day on the Mall. Rain shower was nice as well. Large comfy bed, nice front desk staff and pretty central to DC. Used the parking which was $25-$30 overnight. Used the "Green" choice (no room cleaning) to pay for my mini-bar purchase. i would stay here again if the price was right (I got $89 rate, but average is much higher)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
SF Bay Area
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Our room was nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful, but the A/C never really seemed to work properly. No matter how many times I set it to 65, it never got there. So despite the very comfortable bed, I really couldn't sleep well at night. The soaking tub was lovely and it was nice to have coffee in the room.
It's an easy walk into Georgetown where you have several options for dinner. The restaurants in the hotel were fine, but nothing outstanding.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Dear EBtravelgirl,

Thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback. Room Temperature and comfort for all our guests is important to us and we will pass on your feed back to our engineering team. As the temperatures begin to warm up in April, tuning up all our AC systems is our priority. Please forgive us for your less than perfect night sleep. Feel free to contact me. Take Care.

Virginia
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Perfect place to stay in Georgetown. You really can't beat the location. We were greeted by very friendly staff that helped us with our tons of bags since we had our twin infants with us. We had a king room and it was a good size for D.C. The staff quickly brought up two rollaway cribs without a lot of hassle. We also enjoyed the lounge downstairs for a late dinner/snack. I am looking forward to staying here again this Spring.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Dear CosmicChic,

Sounds like you had a great time. We are so elated. Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. We look forward to your next Visit. Please feel free to reach out to me personally next time you are in town. See you soon.

Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I must say that this hotel ruined a very SPECIAL weekend for me and my new bride. Sloane Aureli was very kind and receptive and I appreciate the champagne and strawberries. Thats where the good parts end. The front desk staff was not very friendly at all. I had to ask to make a green choice, it was not offered. I asked for other parking options and was directed 10 blocks in one direction or 8 blocks in the other. Fact is there is at least 3 parking garages in a 3 block radius of the hotel. I was told upon check in that I had a "Courtyard view, but you can't see the courtyard from your room!!!" Thats like having an ocean view and not seeing the ocean. When I asked about a store to purchase wine, I was directed 8 blocks to a store that was already closed. Another front desk person was so excited about a pizza place to recommend me to, and the pizza was AWFUL!!!! I understand that you didn't make the pizza, but your front desk should know where good places to recommend are located. It's almost like your front desk doesn't know the area. There was no mention of my wedding to me or my bride, even after several emails and calls to be sure it was in my reservation. Worst customer service I have ever experienced at a hotel. To top it all off, we had a COMPLIMENTARY stay for the weekend and a $700 hold was put on our credit card. I understand $75 for incidentals, but the other money was now not available for us to enjoy your lovely city. We had plans to buy souveniers for familly members and could not. Thanks for ruining what should have been a great vacation and honeymoon weekend.

Room Tip: Google any answers you need because the front desk staff is CLUELESS!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank william t
Dear Wiliam T.,
We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. Guest Service is our first priority and this is not synonymous with our Service levels. Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss further. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you greatly.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed at the Westin Georgetown Washington DC and enjoyed our stay, although this Westin is not as grand as many of the others. It is well located for Georgetown but is quite a distance from sights such as the US Capitol Building, Smithsonian and White House. Georgetown is a charming place to visit. Our room was small, much smaller than the room I had at the Hyatt up the road for business 6 months prior. The staff at the Westin were very helpful, particularly the reception/concierge staff who assisted us from everything from directions, umbrellas and taxis.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
phila
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Just stayed again and it reminded me of why it is one of my top choices when I am in DC visiting my college girls. Rooms are in very good condition and clean. Love the location, close to Georgetown and shopping. Rooms are very nice, clean and the staff really is wonderful. I needed a remote control for the TV, called the main desk, and it arrived within 5 minutes with a smile. Whats not to love.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Dear kwajgirl,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel when visiting your College Girls. Sounds like you have a great time during your visits. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you very soon.

vancouver, bc
Reviewed 7 April 2013

The lobby of this hotel is not impressive, but don't judge it by the first impression. The rooms are large and very up-to-date and very clean. The beds are extremely comfortable. Although located at a busy intersection, the rooms are surprisingly quiet. The Foggy Bottom metro stop is a few blocks away, and from there the city are suburbs are within reach. Plan to eat elsewhere, as the restaurants here are very pricey and nothing too special. AND, the hotel charges for wifi, really inexcusable in this day and age! Otherwise, you can't go wrong if you choose this hotel next time you are in Washington.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends