“Still a great place to stay.”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #39 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We first stayed here fifteen years ago and been back a number of times. Apart from the excellent location and quality of the rooms, what makes this Westin so good is the staff who are unfailingly friendly and pleasant. We hope to visit again.

Room Tip: Some rooms are quieter than others, so if you want a quiet room, ask.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Winchesterman,

Thank you so much for sharing your story on Trip Advisor. Thank you even more for your loyality over the past fifteen years. Many of our Team Members have been with us for well over fifteen and we are very lucky to have such a dedicated staff. We hope to see you again in the future.

Take Care,

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay at this property. Rooms are beautiful and very clean. The bathroom is really awesome. The staff was probably the highlight for me. The bellmen and doormen are very friendly and accommodating. We were even served morning smoothies by the hotel's GM when we were checking out. The only downside was that the parking was very expensive, however I believe it's probably typical for this area. I would highly, highly recommend this property to anyone visiting DC.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The rooms are clean spacious and elegant but the Staff and their helpfulness is the best thing about the place. The location of this hotel is perfect, lots of really good restaurants in walkable distance and not too far from the subway. A special mention - the bathrooms are spacious clean and elegant. One thing - it is very very close to an apartment complex - so if asked do you want a room facing the street or courtyard, choose the street.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Our Heavenly Bed on the eighth floor was showing its age, the towels seemed a bit thin and the air conditioner dripped water onto the carpet, but our room was spacious and quiet. Everything was spotlessly clean. The bathroom and room lighting left much to be desired; I don't believe I'm as ugly as the lighting made me appear.
On the other hand I have nothing but raves for the staff. There was always someone available to attend to us and every issue was handled gracefully. The air conditioning problem was corrected shortly after we notified the front desk, and the problem did not return during our stay. Everyone was extremely helpful.
I very much like the location of this hotel. Easy to reach many events, a short (and pleasant) walk to the GMU Metro station, and easy walking distance to many restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear RoanokeCorvette,

This is great feed back and we really appreciate it. I will definitely pass on your comments to our Housekeeping and Engineering Team. Thank you for giving us the opportunity during your stay to correct the few issues that you experienced. We are elated that you had a good time and it was a pleasure having you. See you back soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Westin Georgetown a few times now (this time after a number of years and after trying the Westin Arlington twice) and really like the rooms, especially the bathrooms. I was upgraded to a suite, which was spacious, as I am a SPG member. I used 14,500 points each for two rooms for a Saturday night stay in July and would have been disappointed if the upgrade on at least one of the rooms did not come through. The parking garage for the lowest level is a bit annoying, because you have to carry your luggage up a flight of stairs. Valet and luggage drop off was not an option when I arrived.

There is a nice gym, but no indoor pool (which would have been useful as the outdoor pool was closed due to lightning when we wanted to use it).

I would return to this hotel again for the bathrooms, but it is not a clear choice over Westin Arlington.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Jisangil,

Thank you for staying with us when you are in DC. We really appreciate it. I agree with you that the Westin Arlington does a good job. I have stayed there may times and have enjoyed it. Sorry that you were not able to drop your bags last time but we do provide that service. It would be very inconvienent to have to bring them up from the lower level of the garage. Thank you for that feed back. We hope that on your next visit, you will come see us again. Thank you again.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I booked this hotel on Travelocity for $169.00/night. It was a steal of a value at that price. It is not really in Georgetown and is better described as West End. The hotel is located in a cluster of hotels just north of Foggy Bottom in the West End neighborhood. It is a 10 minute walk to Foggy Bottom, 10 minute walk to Georgetown, 15 minute walk to Downtown/White House.

The Good: Super clean hotel, large bathrooms. Nice lobby. Location. Fairly quiet (not super quiet, it is still in the heart of the city, but there was no nightlife/bar noise at all). The hotel has a nice and family friendly pool. It is mostly covered and wasn't busy even in the 95+ July heat.

The Bad: There are only two check-in attendents and even though there were not a lot of folks checking in when I did, it was still quite a wait.

The Unusual: The rooms are eco-friendly and the electricity will not work in the rooms unless a keycard is placed in the cardholder near the lightswitch next to the door. When the card is not in the holder, none of the lights work, TV, or A/C. This can easily be fixed by requesting an additional key card and leaving it in the eco-holder while you are out. I did that so that my room was cool when I returned to it and I was very glad that I did.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DagnyTaggert
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I checked out of the hotel this morning and it is great!! I stayed here with another family, and we were given connecting rooms on the 7th floor overlooking the nice hotel courtyard. The hotel bathrooms were awesome!! Huge, and the rain showers were great. The service was great!! The front desk were all very nice but the people that stood out the most were the bell hops. Amadou is without a doubt the happiest person alive!! Always smiling and laughing, and having the time of his life. He offers very personal service and greets you by name. He is definitely a keeper!! Another bellhop (whose name I didn't catch) chased a taxi can down the street for us!! Location is nice. Close to Georgetown, but a little far from the sights. Close to a big bus tour bus stop. Pool and fitness centre are great. Open 6am-11pm. One of my best hotel experiences and will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: July 2013