“Excellent!”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #41 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Amazing hotel only 8 blocks from the White House. The rooms are very clean and spacious. Free WiFi only in the lobby! Staff is very helpful and happy. Location is amazing, close to main sights and lots of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed August 2013
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Guest TMVPD,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Canberra
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My one night stay started with the disappointment of finding that any balconies were "faux" and non-functional. So while I thought I'd booked a room with a balcony - after detailed conversations with central bookings, and they checked with the hotel while I waited - in the end I was left without one.

The hotel itself is a huge warren, the hike to my room seemed take forever. Strangely, weirdly spacious - there's no actual use for a long corridor and entrance hall in a hotel room is there?

Tea/coffee facilities were bargain basement style, and do not match the impression this hotel is attempting to make.

I was shocked to realise - on my return home and investigation of my credit card statement - that breakfast was more expensive in Washington than in London. And London was a seriously flash hotel.

Summary: no, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lift.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Helen C,

Thank you for your Feed back. Unfortunately, we do not have balconies and we apologize if we gave you that impression. I would have to agree with you about our spacious and wide hallways. They do give more room for our guests to maneuver luggage. The rooms at the end of the hallway do pose a longer walk but many of our guests do perfer them as they tend to get less foot traffic. I will share your comments with our Third party Restaurant operators about pricing and the decor. Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss any particulars. Thank you again for the feed back.

Be well,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here on a recent trip to the Georgetown area. Very convenient location . Short walk to Foggy Bottom Metro station.
This is one of the nicer Westin properties with tastefully appointed rooms and I found my room to be exceptionally clean and spotless. Staff was very professional and helpful yet friendly.
I will definitely stay there again should future plans call for travel to the Georgetown area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rich R
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Rich R,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We take great pride in our Service and thank you for the opportunity to provide it for you.

PA
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stay at the Westin Georgetown regularly for business and always have a wonderful stay. The rooms are spacious, well-appointed, and clean, the location is pretty convenient, and the staff is always welcoming and warm. Lana, a stay ambassador at the hotel, has been terrific and regularly reaches out to me to see if she can assist with any elements of my visits. This hotel is by far one of the nicest hotels I stay in across multiple cities.
Most recently, I booked a stay at the Westin to celebrate an anniversary and the hotel was terrific - Lana helped to coordinate dinner, set us up with a lovely suite, and sent up a welcome amenity.
I always look forward to my stays at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jess F.,

Thank you for taking your time to give us your Feed back on Trip Advisor. I will forward your comments to Lana and the rest of our Team. We hope to be able to service you again in the near future.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed to assist one of my children move into college dorm and attend George Washington University for Fall 2013. Located conveniently to the college and many other great tourist sites. The hotel room was very large and beautifully appointed. The bathroom was extremely large and update amenities. I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rita B
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Rooms were very nice and clean. Restaurant was extremely expensive for breakfast, $90 plus for a party of four! I would stay again but would go down the street for breakfast! The service staff was excellent and very pleasant. The location and proximity to all of the tourist sites and the Metro was perfect.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Timboeagle
Dear Timboeagle,

Thank you for your feed back. I will pass your comments to our Third Party Restaurant operators. We are elated that you enjoyed your Hotel stay overall.

Be well,

Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The valets were always very prompt and had a smile. Deenny in particular. Our concierge led us to a great restaurant for dinner and told us about our tour shuttle saving us time and cab fare. The bed was extremely comfortable and my room was quiet so I didn't have any trouble sleeping. I liked the location. We could walk down M St. to eat and look at the shops or walk down to the riverfront. There was a shuttle just around the corner that took us to our tour.

Green Features: It was nice we were rewarded with a $5 coupon for reusing our towels. I normally reuse my towels so it wasn't anything new for me but it was nice to get a reward.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Lisa H.,

We are so glad that you had a great time. We would love to have you back! I will pass your comments to Deenny. He is on of our best Team Members and we recieved many positive guests comments about him. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your thoughts on Trip Advisor.