“Great business stay”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #35 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Quick, in-and-out stay. Very convenient location - short drive from Reagan and to various city meeting spots. Appreciated the energy-efficiency measures in the room. Super entertaining and friendly bellman - particularly Deenny and Amadou. Made for a great start to my day and solid lasting impression. Would definitely stay here again over the other nearby SPG properties.

Room Tip: Room X04 was a large King bedroom with an enormous bathroom. View wasn't anything great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,931)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was here for one night because I was attending an event on the conference room level early in the morning. Good location: 10 minute walk from the Metro. Check in was smooth (a bit of a wait on a Friday night), room was comfortable and included free water. I would have preferred free wifi. Had breakfast in the "Caucus Room" the next day. Oatmeal plus coffee was $15 and the service was slow. I'll stay here again in a similar situation, but bring my own instant oatmeal.

Room Tip: If you're on the courtyard there's some noise on Friday evening but it's gone by 10:30 p...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My son's wedding was performed at this hotel in May, 2014. Approximately 130 family and guests attended, and I am pleased to say that my wife and I were very happy with all aspects of the event. The staff was friendly and efficient. The facility was clean, well supplied with linens, and, in general, very quiet. It's not the hotel's fault that a fire station is located less than a block away! The hotel's food was very well prepared and the restaurant/bar facilities more than adequate. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a courtyard view. Nice..
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear poppop9,

Thank you so much for letting us be a part of such a special day, your Son's Wedding. We are so pleased that everyone had a good time and enjoyed their visit. Thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor. Be well.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I travel whenever we can and we have stayed at this location several times and I have a stay booked this weekend because we enjoy it so much. It is a fantastic location close to restaurants and attractions.
The staff is gracious , and the manager, James Gartenhouse went out of his way to make our stay the best possible. No worries, this is the one that will treat you with the best care.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had a function in the Gtown area, so I decided to stay at the Westin. The rooms were typical Westin...nothing bad....nothing spectacular. Exactly like any other Westin in America (note: I am not dissing Westin here....it is a good thing to know what to expect when it comes to hotel rooms). The hotel is convenient if you want to focus on the Georgetown/GW/World Bank area of town. If you need to go to the Hill, then stay further downtown.
The rest of the hotel is nothing special. The restaurant is nothing special...and the lobby is unremarkable. Better to cross the street and hang out at the Hyatt's bar & restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Viajero S
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Viajero S.,

Thank you for your Feedback on Trip Advisor. I have been over to the Blue Duck Tavern in the Hyatt next door myself and they do a great job. We would love to hear your feed back on how we could make our Hotel "more special". Thank you for staying with us and be well.

Director of Operations

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This Westin is pretty much your standard urban Westin hotel, good location, nice rooms and good service. I would absolutely stay here again, especially as it is a fairly quiet hotel in one of DC's most popular neighborhoods.

Where problems emerge, however, is in the restaurant. Service is very slow at times, at least for breakfast, although the food is good. If this hotel could fix that, it would probably bump it up to 5 stars.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank skywaker9

Dear Skywaker9,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We will definitely pass your notes to our Restaurant Partners. Even though the Hotel no longer manages the two restaurants, we work close with them to improve service and overall guest experience. It is notes like yours that helps us do this. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that next time your whole experience at our Hotel is perfect.

Be well,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Don't get me wrong - the Westin Georgetown is a nice hotel. The staff were nice, the room clean, and so on. So why am I not raving? A number of niggling things, foremost being $13 per day for Wi-Fi, for one. Lots of so-called lesser hotels and motels don't charge at all. Then there was the no newspaper at the door, and when the floor lobby had one, it was USA Today (may as well read People Magazine). The concierge did get us a Washington Post, but we had to go to the main lobby and ask. Second, our TV didn't work, or didn't work well, which again wasn't a big deal but was annoying after a long day when I wanted to watch the news. The corridors and room-level lobbies were FREEZING cold - I wanted to run through them to escape the draft! We were happy to participate in the green program (no new sheets, etc.), but the way this worked at the Westin was that it meant nothing was done to the room - housekeeping didn't come, so the coffee didn't get replaced and again, we had to ask. Yes, I don't need new sheets and towels for a four-night stay, but it would be nice not to need to make my own bed in a fairly cramped room or ask for amenities. And the pillows were very odd. So while everything was pleasant, the Caucus Room breakfast excellent with perfectly poached eggs and prompt service, I'd say this hotel really charges a great deal for what amounts to basic service. It's also near a hospital, a fire station, and an ambulance station, therefore can be a little loud for those of us who live in quieter precincts. The windows did a lot to keep out the noise, but.

Room Tip: Higher up to avoid noise from weddings, street, etc.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Susan S,

Thank you for giving us your detailed feed back on Trip Advisor. It is feed back like yours that allows us to re-evalute our programs and the way we do business. Some of the things that you experienced were by chioce such as not delivering newspapers to every guest door and the "Make a Green Choice" program. These specific decisions has allow us to lessen our environmental footprint but we do understand that each of our guests have different needs and we hope accomodate them as requested. I must also agree with you that street noise can be an issue being in the middle of the city. Thank you for staying with us and we will share your notes with our operation team. Be well.