“Great Location for DC”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #35 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I would have given a 5 star rating for this well located hotel in D.C. My only problem, in room 806, was the thin walled adjoining door to room 808. Those people started a loud party after mid-night waking me and my wife up. My advice is to ask for a room that doesn't have an adjoing door.
The staff is friendly here and the room clean and the bed great. You are a 15 minute walk from most of the attractions in DC: White house, National Mall, Smithsonian, Capital Hill etc.
The best thing is being able to walk down M Street about 5 minutes to Georgetown with it's great shops and restaurants.
They also have a well equipped training/fitness room with new machines and free weights. It adjoins the pool (small but good)!
We stayed here with 12,000 star points a night. A really great deal!!!

Room Tip: avoid rooms with paper-thin adjoining doors!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Chris R.,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on Trip Advisor. Noisey guests is something that all hotels deal with and it is never easy. We want all our guest to have a good time and one persons good time can mean another persons misery. We are looking at a few solutions for noise reduction and I will pass your feed back to our engineering team. Perhaps next time we can get your "Five Stars" Thank you for your understanding and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have traveled much of a travelers life and I can say that this is the first time that I have ever felt compelled to comment on a hotel experience. THE WESTIN GEORGETOWN was a great place to stay regarding room rates, quality keep up, cleanliness, operational devices, scented cosmetics, and best of all customer service. There is one employee specific that was extremely helpful, attentive and knows exactly where to go to get great meals(reasonable on the pocket, this especially got him kudos with me!), I'm officially shouting out Associate Erwing! Keep up the good work and thanks for the two iced water bottles also for my drive home.

Dear S Brooklyn M.,

Since this is one of your first time giving feed back on Trip Advisor, we feel very luck and special. We are so please that Erwing made an impact on your stay. He does a great job and we get lots of positive feedback on him. Thank you again for taking your time to review us on Trip Advisor and have a great Summer.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed for a business trip and the satff was great especially the bell and door staff. Amadou and Deenny, were outstanding. I may have spelled their name wrong so I apologize. My aging dad came to meet me at the hotel and got lost. When he arrived he was very rattled and they quickly jumped in and calmed him down and turned his stress into a smile. Thank you!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear 701 Long Beach,

Your story about your Rattled Dad feeling better after arriving to the Hotel and being helped by our Bell Staff is awesome. I look forward to sharing this story with our entire team. We are elated that everything worked out and thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. See you next year.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The room was rather small but had everything we needed, with new amenities. If we wanted a larger room we would have paid a lot more. Large breakfast area with meats & eggs...good enough. Excellent bed. Very close to everything, you can use the metro to almost anywhere you want to go, One elevator was broken so that made the stairs necessary to use. Overall great place!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I arrived at this hotel for a weekend stay with my partner and was welcomed by a very friendly front desk agent, Lapu. He is a sweetheart and very accommodating. The room was perfect for what I needed after long days of walking; it was quiet, and the bed, well, heavenly. Jeffrey, the concierge was helpful and kind. Matt in the Caucus Room was a fellow New Yorker and a delight to chat with. The hotel is situated about a mile+ from the monuments, which for us, we found to be convenient. Overall, we had a wonderful experience and would certainly return with no hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Having just stayed at the Georgetown Westin, I must rave about the experience!! the staff is nothing short of amazing. Cat and Julia in particular made my best friend and I (girls weekend) feel like royalty. We actually bonded with the staff so much that we want them to join us on our next girls trip!! These two made us feel special and went out of their way to enhance the already amazing experience. The location of the hotel is impeccable. The restaurant options are plentiful and the service staff at all were prompt and accommodating. We cannot return soon enough!!

Dear Tiffany K,

We really enjoyed reading your feedback on Trip advisor. We will have to make sure that Cat and Julia take time off to attend your next "Girl's Weekend". Sounds like fun. Thank you for staying with us and letting us be a part of such a memorable weekend. Be well and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our stay, started out a little rocky, due to an issue with our room, which had been reserved over 3 months...however the staff took care of it. I want to commend the concierge, Jeffrey and an associate Lapu-Lapu...both are a definite asset to the hotel... Jeffrey is one if the best, if not the best, Concierge in the business. The hotel is in a great location, close to the Metro, walking distance to Georgetown, and many restaurants. Truly, I have two minor complaints....I think a continental breakfast should be offered, and the hotel needs to upgrade their basic cable. Once we returned to the room, watching television was an ordeal....if you love ESPN, you're good. I would DEFINITELY stay this Westin again, and would recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: We had double beds, and the room was very clean, the bed very comfortable.