“Lana Kim is the best!”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #35 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The Westin Georgetown was a great hotel that allowed us to enjoy our fun trip in Washington, DC! We landed very late and were worried about dining options, but the stay ambassador, Lana Kim, was very helpful in suggesting great late night dining options! She gave us great advice as to where to go for a simple cupcake (Baked & Wired) or even a great Mediterranean meal (Zaytinya)! Lana helped make sure our stay was as wonderful as it could possibly be! When we checked in, we were upgraded to a deluxe room. This room had much more closet space and it was bigger than an average room. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this room! The housekeeping service was exceptional as every time we left our room, we came back to a clean, fresh room to sleep in! The front desk staff was very helpful in providing us with times as to when to leave in order to catch our flight. The location of this hotel is excellent. It is a 5 minute walk to the Shops at Georgetown and a 10 minute cab ride to the National Mall. There is a Starbucks and Trader Joes just across the street. If you are staying in Georgetown, be sure to book a room at this great property!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear ParagShah4,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. Lana Kim is our Stay Ambassador and does a great job with assisting our Guest throughout thier entire stay. I will pass your notes to her. We thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Peter Yeung

Write a ReviewReviews (1,963)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

the hotel is in a great location to explore DC and Georgetown. if is very much like most other Westins and for that matter, most other chain hotel with the same price point we choose it for its location and that worked out very well for us

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I tend to go to SPG hotels because of their frequent guest program, where I am platinum and have some free ''suite nights.'' I requested a sutie here, didn't get one. But the room I had was larger than the typical hotel room, with a couple chairs and a table, and a big bathroom, with separate shower and tub. The AC only works when you are in the room, so it gets hot when you leave. I left a key in the slot to keep the AC running so room would be cool when I returned, and the maid took the key out, so it got very hot when I returned. I get they are trying to save money (and be energy efficient, though really they want to save money) ... but is it too much to want room to be 75 when I get back?

This is kind of nitpicking. In general I like the hotel quite a bit. If you like Westins -- and I do -- you will like this. It has a nice lobby, great rooms, very comfortable beds and bath. Very good service. No long waits at the checkin desk or for cabs. Not the best location for me or for a lot of DC (the Westin nearer my work was booked so couldn't get there.)

The name of the hotel is Westin Georgetown, but as my cab driver said, don't try to walk to Georgetown from the hotel. It is not in Georgetown or real near it. It used to be called the Westin Grand, not sure why they changed the name, or why they didn't come up with a different one. But for visitors, you should know this if you are specifically trying to get near Georgetown.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I would have given a 5 star rating for this well located hotel in D.C. My only problem, in room 806, was the thin walled adjoining door to room 808. Those people started a loud party after mid-night waking me and my wife up. My advice is to ask for a room that doesn't have an adjoing door.
The staff is friendly here and the room clean and the bed great. You are a 15 minute walk from most of the attractions in DC: White house, National Mall, Smithsonian, Capital Hill etc.
The best thing is being able to walk down M Street about 5 minutes to Georgetown with it's great shops and restaurants.
They also have a well equipped training/fitness room with new machines and free weights. It adjoins the pool (small but good)!
We stayed here with 12,000 star points a night. A really great deal!!!

Room Tip: avoid rooms with paper-thin adjoining doors!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris R.,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on Trip Advisor. Noisey guests is something that all hotels deal with and it is never easy. We want all our guest to have a good time and one persons good time can mean another persons misery. We are looking at a few solutions for noise reduction and I will pass your feed back to our engineering team. Perhaps next time we can get your "Five Stars" Thank you for your understanding and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have traveled much of a travelers life and I can say that this is the first time that I have ever felt compelled to comment on a hotel experience. THE WESTIN GEORGETOWN was a great place to stay regarding room rates, quality keep up, cleanliness, operational devices, scented cosmetics, and best of all customer service. There is one employee specific that was extremely helpful, attentive and knows exactly where to go to get great meals(reasonable on the pocket, this especially got him kudos with me!), I'm officially shouting out Associate Erwing! Keep up the good work and thanks for the two iced water bottles also for my drive home.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear S Brooklyn M.,

Since this is one of your first time giving feed back on Trip Advisor, we feel very luck and special. We are so please that Erwing made an impact on your stay. He does a great job and we get lots of positive feedback on him. Thank you again for taking your time to review us on Trip Advisor and have a great Summer.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed for a business trip and the satff was great especially the bell and door staff. Amadou and Deenny, were outstanding. I may have spelled their name wrong so I apologize. My aging dad came to meet me at the hotel and got lost. When he arrived he was very rattled and they quickly jumped in and calmed him down and turned his stress into a smile. Thank you!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear 701 Long Beach,

Your story about your Rattled Dad feeling better after arriving to the Hotel and being helped by our Bell Staff is awesome. I look forward to sharing this story with our entire team. We are elated that everything worked out and thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. See you next year.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The room was rather small but had everything we needed, with new amenities. If we wanted a larger room we would have paid a lot more. Large breakfast area with meats & eggs...good enough. Excellent bed. Very close to everything, you can use the metro to almost anywhere you want to go, One elevator was broken so that made the stairs necessary to use. Overall great place!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends