“Great location, friendly staff”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #41 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great hotel in the heart of DC. Walking distance to Georgetown, the White House, and many other DC monuments. I have spent several weeks here on business, and have enjoyed the proximity to running trails, nearby restaurants, and friendly staff. Deenny and Abdel, the valets, have been especially helpful. Will definitely continue to stay here for my travels.

Only complaint is that the elevators smell weird.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Lauren_pully,

Thank you for taking the time to revieus on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased that you stayed with us and had a nice time. Deenny an Abdel do a great job for us and we get positive feeback about them all the time. I will share your review with them. Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon.

Peter Yeung

There are newer reviews for The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel was fine with a few brown stains on the bed cover but the front desk is a deal breaker. At 2:40p I was told my room was not ready and I would be called when ready. I also asked if Internet was included and told YES.

A hot a humid day (end of June) I walked the local area until after 6p, not receiving a phone call I returned to find the room was available shortly after I left, they had forgotten to call. The nest day I had a $12 fee for internet, complained and told it was removed. On checkout the next day I had two internet charges. Had both removed by the person stating she was a supervisor (you are doing a bad job as your staff does not listen) she referred to it as a "communication problem", no, it is your staff giving lib service and not caring what their supervisor says.

Room Tip: STAY ON THEM, this is a "niceness will get you no-place" hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Robert S.,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. There is no excuse as to why we did not call you back when your room was ready. I will review your notes with our front desk team to help us improve. In addition, you should not have to deal with the internet charges if they were a part of your room rate. I can certainly understand your frustration. Thank you again for letting us know and if you should come back to the DC area, we hope that you give us another opportunity to make things right for you.

Director of Operations

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay and it all started with the balloon surprise and hospitality gifts for my 3 year old daughter. This little detail really made it easier for her to giggle, laugh, play, and get over the long flight and time change.

Every person that we had contact with were all very gracious and polite and I appreciate the extra environmental steps that Westin has taken recently.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wayne C
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Wayne C.,

We do believe that it is getting all the little things right that equal to a great stay. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to put a smile on your Daugther face. I wish I was there to see it. We are so please that you had a great time and if your travels brings you back, we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Was in DC for business - extended stay for the weekend to see the sites. The hotel is beautiful. This part of DC is nice and has a cool, young neighborhood feel - Trader Joes close by and hotel within walking distance of all of the sites. Check out District Taco for quick lunch and Founding Farmers for dinner if you can get a reservation.

Room Tip: We got room 434 on the Preferred Guest wing. Was lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Engee,

Thank you for your Feedback on Trip Advisor. I have been meaning to try out the New District Taco Restaurant and your review just gave me the motivation. Thank for the recommendation. We are glad that you had a great stay with us and we hope you see you in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We checked into the Westin Georgetown for a birthday weekend away, and our experience was lovely. A personal notecard, chocolate truffles and Prosecco were waiting for us upon arrival, courtesy of Lana Kim, and the service was fantastic throughout the weekend. What's more, the accommodations were stylish and comfortable, and the location was top-notch. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Our courtyard view room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ATWtravel622,

Happy Birthday! Thank you for letting us celebrate with you. I will share your review with Lana. She will have the satisfaction of knowing that you had a nice Birthday visit. See you next year!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great hotel! Husband and I spent a long Memorial day weekend here and we really enjoyed our stay. The location could not be better: short walking distance to Foggy Bottom subway station and you can easily get to National Mall, Smithsonian museums etc. and in the evenings you can walk to M street and Wisconsin avenue with plenty of shopping and restaurants. You are also close to the upscale Washington Harbor with wonderful restaurants (Nick's Riverside grill etc.) and people watching...
We came from Reagan Intl airport directly to the hotel with a shuttle bus and could check into our hotel even though it was just 10:30 am. The room was accommodating, spacious and very clean. Spotless white clean room with fresh scent. The king size bed was so comfortable and has a lot of pillows. It made us feel as if we were sleeping on a cloud. The rooms are super quiet, never heard a thing.
The gorgeous bathroom was spacious, and had a separate bath and shower. A lot of counter space for all your cosmetics etc.
We didn’t have much of a view on the 4th floor (the opposite building) but it really didn’t matter since we were out all day walking around and exploring the sights.
We didn’t have breakfast at the hotel but walked in the mornings to four different coffee shops (Brueggers Bagels, Bread and Chocolate downtown etc.) and had bagels with fried eggs and bacon. The room has a little coffee maker with complimentary coffee.
One curiosity is the downstairs restaurant Bodega that has free salsa lessons every Friday. It is worth while just to take a look and see couples dancing! Trader Joe’s is on the 25th street so if you feel like buying something to snack in the evenings it is just a couple of blocks from the hotel. In the lobby they were serving complimentary water with fresh fruit. It was very good after walking all day in the heat. They also have daily newspaper and you can print your boarding passes for free in the business room.
We had waited for a long time to get to visit Washington DC and staying at this Westin hotel made is even more special. We had a fantastic experience in this Georgetown gem and would recommend this hotel to anyone with similar interests into sightseeing and evening walks.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SailingCouple12
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear SailingCouple12,

We are so pleased that after waiting a long time to visit DC, we were able to be a part of it and made it special for you. Thank you for the detailed feedback on Trip Advisor. We hope that you do not wait too long before you come back.

Be Well,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a lovely property and a great location. I got a very good deal on a discounted booking site. I went to my room and there was a leak of some sort that left the carpet soaking wet. Instead of realizing I should immediately be relocated, they decided to "send someone up". I waited and waited and finally realized that I could not stay in the room with soaked carpet regardless of the origin of their issue and asked for another room. That was their job. Explained the service concern to front desk staff and they didn't seem to grasp the concept.
Lovely drive area where people arrive and generally a couple of doormen. Never once had the experience of having them open the door. I would stay again for the discounted rate but service is much better at many other places.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear MeinColorado,

Thank you for your feed back on Trip Advisor. I hope that we were able to move you to another room. I must agree with you....I would not stay in a room with wet carpet either. We are not use to getting negative feedback about our Bell Staff. They try very hard to open the door, greet our guests, and accomodate everyone coming in and out; unfortuneately sometimes a few guests do get by them. I will share your Trip advisor review with them. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon to give us another chance.