“Service at its best in a wonderful neigbourhood”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #42 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vienna, Austria
“Service at its best in a wonderful neigbourhood”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

it is beyond just being friendly.I rarely had that kind of friendly reception upon arrival in a business hotel, but also during my stay the service team at the concierge desk and the gentlemen in front of the hotel were outstanding. After two days they knew my routine and called the taxi when I came out of the door or offered me a bottle of cold water when coming back from my morning run. Never had that before - When asking for directions where I could go for a run they handed me a mini map with two running trails in the neighbourhood and upon my return offered a cold bottle of water from their ice box behind the concierge desk with a towel.
Room was good and perfect to do some work stuff. Remarkable was the high quality internet connectivity (8Mbit for upload and download each) which allowed up to 5 simultaneous devices so you don't get thrown out when trying to connect your tablet when being online with your notebook.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear ChristianonTravel,

Thank you for sharing your great story about great Service at our Hotel. Our Front desk and Bell Staff team are fantastic and take extreme pride in what they do. Personal and genuine service is what makes the difference at hotels. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we look forward to seeing you back. Perhaps next time it can be for Leisure.

Be well,

Peter Yeung

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Indianapolis
Reviewed 1 August 2014

For the past 8 years, we have stayed at this hotel to visit our children in college. Over the years, the service staff became like family to us. They were always so welcoming and caring. We will mis them. I can't remember all of the names but Deenny was one of them.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mary G.,

What a great story. Thank you for staying with us after all these years. If you should ever come back to this area to visit the school or just for fun, please reach out to us. We would love to have you back. Best to you and your Family.

Be well,

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The location is nice but our room was nothing special. The sink faucet handle leaked. The shower faucet was loose and leaked. Some fixtures were broken off the walls. I've stayed at numerous hotels for $99 that were nicer just not in Georgetown.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nate D
PLANDOME
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Well located near Georgetown shopping and GWU campus, situated among other high end hotels. As SPG preferred, room on higher floor was clean and spacious, wifi was free, and bed is indeed heavenly. Valet parking price is not noted on website but cost $45, so we street parked on Saturday night which was easy enough to do. Very easy and quick to get a taxi over to the mall, museums, White House, etc. Nothing fancy here, but we came to DC for the sights, not to spend time in our hotel room, and the price is very reasonable for DC. PS - extra outlets are tucked into the desk unit, not obvious less you search for it.

Room Tip: Helps to be SPG member
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZPatApple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I spent a few harrowing days at the renaissance hotel and was glad for a change, hopefully a positive one

Checked-in and was relieaved the front desk was more caring and gave me a decent room. The hotel only has 8 floors and i had a nice corner room. It was large, but the long corridor that made it large doesn't do much. It's still old and unimaginative like 95% of most US hotels, but it's ok. There's a large deep almost walk-in closet, plus a very large bathroom. Thankfully they have a shower instead of just the safety hazard bathtub.Wifi is good

The location is not great, in that you can't really really find a good breakfast place within a 1-2 block radius. But it's next to the Park Hyatt's Blue Duck restaurant, and you can try their meals and service there. The food is good, the service is incredible

It's a 15min walk to the metro (Foggy bottom) and ok if the weather permits

Overall, much cheaper and much better than the awful renaissance

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear bcheong,

Thank you for giving us a try after your other Hotel experience. As a Westin, we try hard to stay true to what makes us a "Westin". Overall, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and please give us your feedback on how we can improve. Thanks again and Be Well.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

If you want high quality service, amazing rooms and great location visit The Westin. I have been traveling with my boyfriend around US and it was our first time staying at this hotel WE LOVED IT! 4 thumbs up!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Millie G.,

Traveling around the US....you must have stayed at your fair share of Hotels. For you to give us a "4 - thumbs up" is a honor. We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to our Hotel and to DC. If your travels brings you back our way, we would love to have you back.

Be Well,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I love this hotel. This hotel is very nice and close to everything in the DC metro area. I walked everywhere. I arrived in DC very early and they let me check in. I'm a member of StarWood Preferred Guest and its help. The rooms are comfortable but a little plain. I loved the heaven bed and the pillows. I loved the bathroom the most. It is huge and the soaking tub was so relaxing. The grounds are gorgeous. The swimming pool is small but you still can use it. It is a great place to relax after so much walking. I didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel due to an emergency I left the next day but I highly recommended. There is a real good place for breakfast just one block away. Go there for brunch. The food is so yummy. The name is Bread and Chocolate.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Liliana C.,

Thank you for your detailed feedback! I have been to Bread and Chocolate many times and have enjoyed it. Sorry to hear that you had to leave early due to an emergency. We hope you can make it back to finish your Visit. Be well.