“Best staff in Washington!”

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Ranked #38 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
PA
“Best staff in Washington!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stay at Westin and Sheraton properties everywhere we go. This is by far one of my favorites. The staff at the Westin Georgetown make you feel like royalty! Rooms are large for a city hotel. You can walk to lots of sites.

• Stayed August 2014
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear mmCentralPA, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are elated that you had a great time and we look forward to seeing you again. I will share your review with our entire staff.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The Westin Georgetown sits right at 24th and M, convenient to both downtown and Georgetown. The hotel is updated with well appointed rooms that are clean and neat, and the staff is especially helpful. Currently they are renovating the lobby but it's not an issue with your stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RMGTravel
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I checked in not too long ago for a quick business meeting. Great customer service can really just change the trajectory of your day. I met Gabrielle at the front desk and she could write the book on hospitality. She went out of her way to make sure all my concerns were addressed and that I would have the resources (computer, internet, etc.) to complete my work by morning. I travel for 6 months out of the year and I was so impressed I created this account just to thank her for being AWESOME!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! Gabrielle is one of our top associates, and was recently promoted in her new role as a Stay Ambassador. It is amazing to read how much you enjoyed our hotel, including the service demonstrated by our team. I have already shared your comments with our team, who are most appreciative. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Director of Operations
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 August 2014

In the past I have stayed at nearby hotels and enjoy the area outside of Georgetown. Needing a weekend away, I noticed the Westin through SPG Hot Escapes was offering weekend nights for $111/night and went ahead and booked 2 nights. We rode the metro to the Foggy Bottom station and it was a short walk from there, not a problem at all with rolling luggage even when you are rolling 2 so the other can take pictures ;-). Despite getting there before noon, we were able to receive our room which was a big help to get ready before heading out to explore DC. The Westin Georgetown is a Make a Green Choice hotel through SPG so you get 500 points a night you decline housekeeping excluding check out days (so minimum 2 night stay needed).

Our room was on the 7th floor - the SPG floor - and was facing the interior courtyard / pool area. The first thing you have to do (and probably the room's biggest flaw) is you have to insert your room key to activate lights / AC controls. This would not be so bad had our room had separate doorway / bathroom lights. This may not be the same for all rooms but for ours if you wanted to use the bathroom at night, it had to include the lights outside the bathroom by the door which would then light up the entire bedroom area. Other than that, the room itself was clean and large as the design runs wide like an L instead of your traditional straight back rooms which allowed more window space looking out. Loved the Heavenly beds, one of my favorite beds in the industry. Bathroom was clean with separate bathtub and shower options.

The gym offering was good with different cardio machines, weights up to 50lbs, and a couple of different strength machines and pull up bar. The pool area is very small and probably only looks inviting if you want to cool down after a hot day walking around DC. Since the walkway area around the pool is VERY narrow, a couple of families is all it takes to keep you from wanting to go down. Take a chilled towel from the gym instead.

Now for Georgetown itself - it's a short walk from the hotel to get to where the shops and restaurants begin. However, if you walk the entire Georgetown area up and down and head back to the hotel it is a lot of walking so plan your footwear accordingly. We never had any concerns walking to and from the hotel at different hours of night either to Georgetown or to the metro station area as there is an active nightlife and lots of people are out on the weekend.

For the price we enjoyed our stay although I don't think anything really stood out that would make us race to the hotel again if prices were the normal $200+. The hotel has a top notch staff and our floor was eerily quiet the entire time despite wedding festivities going on in the hotel that weekend which were pluses.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank justatravelguy
Toronto
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really really nice. The room we got was spacious and very comfortable, with lovely beds. The pool was quiet and welcoming. Easy walking distance to Georgetown and GWU-Foggy Bottom subway station, and a do-able walk to the Mall.

Stayed August 2014
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Madamevoyage,

Thank you for your notes on Trip Advisor. We are elated that you had a nice stay. We hope your future plans brings you back to DC soon.

New orleans
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Just spent a week at a conference for work at the Westin and I would recommend it to anyone who really needs a worry free place to relax after a long day. Ms. Maheder was incredibly helpful when I arrived, and apologized because my room wasn't ready even though I arrived early. She recommended an excellent restaurant and had a great room ready when I returned. I received equally competent and gracious service as I was checking out five days later from Ms. BoBae. She did not let the crush of people trying to checkout at the same time rattle her, she was cheerful, and did everything necessary to quickly get me on my way. What a wonderful way to begin and end a very taxing trip!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank NOLAlive
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here for business and while I usually love Westin's this was most disappointing, The room was a very funky shape which meant lots of unusable space but then cramped in other areas. Lights didn't work well and the lighting the bathroom was very bad. A too small shower meant banging my knee caps trying to get out. the water took forever to heat up. But what I HATE about staying in a "nice" hotel is the huge charges for things that are given away free other places: $40 for internet for 3 days. $6 to print 2 pages from the business center. Such a rip off. come on Westin! really?

Room Tip: the other hotels next door are much better value. larger rooms, better service, cheaper, free wifi