Let me start by saying that I have traveled +100 days a year for the past 20 years all over the world so I know a little about what I am writing about. I've also never been so steamed to write a review before so you are now prepared...
The Westin Grand does not deserve to be a westin. When I booked a room for a saturday night in July while college touring with my teenage daughter I noticed it said "run of the house" as room type so i called westin 1 to ensure they knew I needed a room with two beds. Sadly, when I arrived at the Westin (through a grotty basement parking lot evelator) the reception desk informed me that no rooms with two beds were available. When I pointed out that I had called over a week in advance with this simple request , I was told it was never passed on by WESTIN 1 to the hote??? (what's the point of calling then?). They then offered me a room with a cot. When I then requested the manager on duty , i got nowhere...actually, i got an offer of a cot again - nothing more.
In all my years of traveling I have never had a hotel make less effort to meet a simple request.
Overall, this is the worst Westin I have ever stayed in, and I've been to dozens. The pool is pathetically small, the rooms are poorly insulated for noise and the staff... well, when I called to speak to the general manager after getting nowhere with the duty manager, I got a recording saying he/she was off for the weekend and that I should speak to the duty manager... How's that for care, attention & personalized service? For all you folks that raved about the front desk staff on prior reviews, obviously they either do not work there anymore or were all on vacation.
For the rest of you travelers, DC has plenty of great hotels, this just isn't even close to being one of them. You have been warned...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel Better when you leave than when you arrived! A short walk or subway ride to The White House, Georgetown's shops and restaurants, the Kennedy Center, and Dupont Circle. The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. Is a refreshing choice for travel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Georgetown, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Westin