First two rooms had a pronounced musty/mildew smell -- sort of a shower curtain funk combined with an old library book that hadn't been opened for years smell. The third room was better but still not great. Based upon some reviews here on trip advisor, as well as the fact that another guest was complaining of the same thing while we were at the front desk, it seems inconceivable that management had not been aware of this as an issue for quite some time. Front desk was accommodating in moving us, but by then (two hours and three rooms later), our opinion about this hotel was pretty much formed -- would not recommend and will not be back.
Of note, upon initial complaint, we were told (as was the other guest) to turn on the a/c for am hour to circulate the air. We did this for two hours, which apart from being unhelpful, also didn't seem to be a reasonable expectation for a guest to have to 'air out' a supposedly 'four star' hotel room upon arrival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel Better when you leave than when you arrived! A short walk or subway ride to The White House, Georgetown's shops and restaurants, the Kennedy Center, and Dupont Circle. The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. Is a refreshing choice for travel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Georgetown, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Westin