“Great way to see capital sites in moonlight”
Review of Fat Tire Tours

Fat Tire Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$39.00*
and up
Daytime DC Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Fat Tire Tours (formerly Capital City Bike Tours) offers guided bike and walks tours around Washington, DC as well as self guided rentals of bikes and electric bikes.
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Great tour guide. Boat ride however was a bit boring as we weren't often abe to see certain sights that were mentioned in the recorded presentation. We were expecting an informative boat tour which in our eyes didn't eventuate.

It was novel to do a bike tour at night but very exhilarating to see sights and monuments lit up. Well worth booking a tour for the bike ride portion alone.

1  Thank Mark L
"take pictures"
in 12 reviews
"hour tour"
in 11 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 7 reviews
"helmets"
in 15 reviews
"gw"

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We had a good tour. Our guide was very good. We were happy having read other reviews that we only had six people in our group. I can see if you had a group larger than eight that hearing the guide would be most difficult.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Having done a tour with Capital City Bike Tours' sister company in Berlin, I was really excited about this tour and had high expectations.
Unfortunately the tour didn't like up to the Berlin experience- unlike there, where our guide really brought the history of the city to life, my guide in Washington was more into pointing out the sights and reciting a few facts about each one. It was a small tour group of 5 adults, two teenagers and two kids, but despite that I often had trouble hearing what the guide had to say beause he had started speaking before the whole group had arrived and stopped. This was partly to do with the fact that he seemed to only stop and give information at red lights- I would have liked to have cycled a bit further between stops, then got some really good information and stories.
This tour wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. It helped me orientate myself on my first morning in the city, but besides that I didn't learn a huge amount. I'd been planning on doing the night tour as well, but decided not to after this tour.

1  Thank Kate B
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Would of loved the tour to be more up close with the buildings, not a from a far distance. The tour guide to be more excited and enthusiastic about it, and teaching us. More details about things that have happened, instead of just basic history that I could of look up on the net. And the tour guide didn't seem very passionate about his job. We walked away with a pretty bad impression of it.