“Friendly service and environment. Cheap”

Days Inn Washington Dc/gateway
Ranked #131 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
College Park, Maryland, United States
“Friendly service and environment. Cheap”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Staff was nice- Friendly welcoming and well trained. Room was fine and location is conveniently near night life. Not expensive and worth it. Parking was also free for us which was a big plus. Need to reach 200 character minimum. But have nothing else to say, good hotel overall.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
haifa
Reviewed 14 October 2013

days inn gateway is the worst hotel i have ever been to. when we opend the door to our room there were cockroaches running aroud - lots of them!
the service is terrible. we got another room only after i went to the reception and complaid loudly about the cockroaches. we did not uppack for the two nights we stayed there. we where afraid to take a shower or to sleep. most of the time we stayed away in the city.the neighborhood is not safe and very unpleasant. i amm a travel agent and i will never recomend this hotel to anybody even if it was for free. better pay twice then to stay here. it is not the first time that ew stay in a days inn hotel - but this one gives a very poor reputation to days inn hotels. i can not undestand how it has a permit from the health department.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Washington DC hotels

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 12 October 2013

You'd be a good deal more comfortable than in this excuse for a hotel. Non-smoking room stank like - you've got it - cigarette smoke. Bathroom floor felt slimy. Bed sinks in the middle. Towels worse for wear - wondered if they were even washed before placement in rooms. Bedding looked and felt like it was purchased at the dollar store. Front desk people don't know the meaning of customer service and common courtesy. Noticed they did not ask if we enjoyed out stay. Probably knew what we would say. Whole place looks run down inside and out. Dirty curtains. Coffee tasted moldy - who know how long the packet had been sitting there! Coffee maker not complete so virtually impossible to make coffee without it spilling everywhere. Very disappointing!

Room Tip: Read the reviews!! If we had done our due diligence, we would never have stayed at the Days Inn!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank S H
GM_DaysInnGateway, General Manager at Days Inn Washington Dc/gateway, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First off, thank you for your review. I apologize for the unfortunate events you encountered during your stay here with us. What you experienced is neither the standard we strive to uphold nor what any guest experience with us should be like. Our goal is to make sure all of our guests have a pleasant and comfortable stay here while at the Days Inn Gateway. Please know that I will be looking into this matter personally to find out what went wrong during your stay here with us. With your review, I will investigate more into this and make sure that necessary changes are put into place so that future guest’s do not experience the same ordeal.

Once again I do apologize for your recent experience here at the Days Inn Gateway in Washington D.C.

If you have questions or need to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to call me at the Days Inn Gateway.

Michael S.
West, Mississippi
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I was in the DC area for a business trip. My hotel reservation was cancelled at another hotel due to miscommunication with the head office. I have heard of many complaints about bed buds in DC area; however, those critters are everywhere. If you are a traveler you would know. I was skeptical about this hotel since I saw terrible review on it and they had issue with Bed bug. I took my chances since it the only hotel in my budget and I needed some sleep. As I entered to check-in, the lobby looked clean, I was pleased!! Customer services was great, answered all my questions about the city and made me feel welcomed. Noise is what you expected for an exterior hotel. What I didn't expect was the cleanliness of the room. The room was clean, smelled great, and it was what I needed while i am in town. I didn't find any bed bugs in my room!!! Breakfast items need some work but still have what I wanted. Chinese restaurant on property but didn't have time to eat in there. Shuttle Service to metro was a wonderful service for customers that needed to be in town (ie me). This was a wonderful services that I didn't expected. Helped me saved money on taxi fares. I will come back again.

Thank you Days Inn for a wonderful couple of days.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Room was clean and functional. Coin operated laundry machines on first and second floor. Safety deposit box available at front desk. No problems with internet speed. Breakfast was forgettable. The free shuttle bus to Union station and back was very handy.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ARK521
GM_DaysInnGateway, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Washington Dc/gateway, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First off, I would like to thank you for taking the time out to write a review on your stay with us at the Days Inn Gateway located in Washington D.C. Thank you for commenting on our rooms and how clean and functional they are. At the Days Inn, we provide Wi-Fi access in all of the rooms including the lobby area. Our convenient continental style breakfast are for those guest who are always on the go and need a quick boost before heading to their destination. As a courtesy to each and every one of our guest, we provide a courtesy shuttle to the Union Station for easy access into downtown D.C.

Once again thank you for your review. Please know that with your review, You will help us better improve our guest experience in the future. We hope that you come back and see us again the next time you are in town.

Regards,
Paul T.
Front Office Manager
SPRING BROOK TOWNSHIP
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This hotel needs a lot of work, the front desk staff is the only good part of this hotel. House-keeping did a horrible job, would not show up until 5pm or after and after a long day at work another 1/2 hour out of your room is the last thing you want. The cost was way over what it should be. Sleep quality was horrible, the place needs a total make over.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
GM_DaysInnGateway, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Washington Dc/gateway, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to write a review on your stay. At the Days Inn Gateway, situated 15 minutes away from Capitol Hill when driving, we try to make our hotel a value under the sun. We sincerely apologize for the late housekeeping you received in your room during your stay. Late room housekeeping are sometimes caused by a number of things such as Do Not Disturb signs on the door, guest who are extending their stay after departure, or due to a full occupancy the hotel received the night before.

At the Days Inn Gateway, we take great pride in our cleaning efficiency along with our room cleanliness. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not
meet those standards. Please know that your comments expressing the problems you encountered during your stay at the Days Inn in Washington DC is truly important to us as we continue to strive for excellence.

Regards,

Paul T.
Front Desk Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington DC
Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue
Fairfield Inn & Suites Washingto...
#115 of 141 in Washington DC
Quality Inn & Suites New York Avenue
Quality Inn & Suites New York Av...
#129 of 141 in Washington DC
Days Inn Washington DC/Connecticut Avenue
Days Inn Washington DC/Connectic...
#119 of 141 in Washington DC
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#113 of 141 in Washington DC
Days Inn Arlington Pentagon
Days Inn Arlington Pentagon
#48 of 51 in Arlington
Windsor Park Hotel
Windsor Park Hotel
#125 of 141 in Washington DC

Been to Days Inn Washington Dc/gateway? Share your experiences!