“Cherry blossom”
Review of Odyssey Cruises

Odyssey Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy live music, dining, exceptional service and monumental views. Cruising year-round from the Gangplank Marina, Odyssey offers brunch, lunch, dinner and holiday cruises like Father's Day, plus all sorts of specialty cruises.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We booked this 45 minute tour of the cherry blossom online. I thought we would be the only ones on the boat since the trees did not bloom yet. The boat was half full. Nothing to see since the trees were not in bloom. Not the boat's fault. The only thing I can recommend is not to park in the parking lot which was 25 bucks. Even if you're handicap you need to pay for parking. I parked on the street. I downloaded the app which takes about 5 minutes to do. You need to enter in personal/credit card/ vehicle info. The app is very cool. It lets you pay for parking without using coins plus it has a timer on it. You can look at the app and it will tell you exactly how much time is left on your meter. If you get lost, it even tells you where your car is. Mine showed an incorrect spot but it was close enough. I booked an hour and the parking fee came out to $2.85. Far less than the parking fee. Everywhere I went in d.c., you can use this app to pay for parking. The app is called parkmobile. You can use it wherever they except it. Not only in DC so you may already have this app. Other the tour was boring, even if the cherry trees were in bloom, we would be very far from the trees. The boat stays right in the middle of the water. The bar is limited. No tops for my kids drinks which they winded up spilling or the wind caused it when someone walked outside.

1  Thank Cuzzzz

Reviewed 12 April 2014

As a native Washingtonian, I've been on the Odyssey many times, but the last time was probably 10 years ago. My husband and I decided to give it another try, taking my adult niece with us. First, let me say, the administration booking fees are very high, and I am not sure why. For three, the fees were over $50, plus the $68 per person fare. Check in was quick and easily. Staff was friendly. We were seated promptly. The food staff setting up the buffet seemed disorganized and neglected to add the serving utensils, so the buffet was delayed. Hair was noted in the butter dish. Initially, there was no one carving the sirloin. Our table and the one next to us was wobbly. Our head waiter was great, but his assistant seemed to be to have had too many mimosas, champagne or something- constantly dropping glasses, forgetting our drink orders or forgetting to bring us clean plates. He was observed dancing in the aisle. It just wasn't what I expected. My niece enjoyed herself, because it was her first time and she also had many mimosas. The cruise itself was lovely. We did enjoy sitting outside and seeing the monuments and the cherry blossoms. But, never again....it's just not worth it.

5  Thank we_out
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Went on the Odyssey cruise for our family of five to celebrate a birthday. The hostess was nice greeting and seating us, but just like the other reviews had pointed out, we feel neglect by the waiter during the whole meal time. Some of the utensils were very dirty that we had to ask the waiter to change them, and the cup for the coffee was chipped. The first time the cheesecake was delivered, there was someone's hair sticking on it. They replaced it for us, it was like those "no baking necessary" cheesecake you make from a box, it was not even harden yet, taste like some kind of creamy pie... Food was not so good, and our waiter delivered the food but never came back to check on us. Our waiter did come twice to rush us for the tips before the boat heads back to the boarding deck though.

So the view on the water was nice, the live music was nice, but we didn't like the overall service and food at all. Won't recommend this cruise to friends or family just because we been on better ones before. A bit disappointed :(

Reviewed 8 April 2014

6  Thank Louis579
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I booked a cruise for 4 ladies to celebrate my sister's 32nd birthday. We could not have been happier with our choice. From the time we stepped foot on the premises, we were greeted by friendly staff (except for the lady at the ticket window...she was courteous but not extra friendly like EVERYONE else). The photographers, the greeters when we boarded the ship, the waiters and waitresses, the chef manager (Mike...he was the best!), Holly, the man at the entrance gate, the man that held our hand as we stepped up and down the pier...all had superb service. I feel terrible that I do not remember our servers' names, but both young ladies provided exceptional service!

The food was tasty. We tasted each other's appetizers and entrees. I had the crab cake, grilled salmon, and strawberry cheesecake...delicious. My sister's dessert had a candle and "Happy Birthday" insert that was very cute and intimate for our table. The honorees on the ship were recognized (for their anniversaries and birthdays).

The live band was engaging and the music selections brought almost everyone to the dance floor at some point. The line dances were FUN! The cocktails were good. We all tried the Tropical Sunrise and Maui (Surprise??...can't remember the whole drink's name). The Maui cocktail had more "kick" to it. Both drinks came with souvenir glasses wrapped and packaged nicely.

We purchased the $40 picture package with came with 2 framed 5X7 photos, 2 unframed 4X6 photos, and an extra frame. This definitely the best buy. We also received the pictures via email for making the purchase.

Although the Odyssey is classy and elegant, the guests were not afraid to "let their hair done" on the dance floor!! Guests varied in age, ethnicity, and in many other ways. What was true for all was the wonderful cruising experience and happy faces! The ladies and I plan to return with our husbands/boyfriends in the near future! We do not have any complaints and can't think of any suggestions for an improved experience because it was truly perfect.

Note: We stayed at the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill and opted to take a cab instead of driving for convenience. Turned out to be a great idea since we were drinking on the ship. The cab ride was $10 each way...not bad at all.

3  Thank MsPearl105