What started out on a sore note ended well,all things considered. The sore note is parking. This is a historic building converted to a hotel right on Connecticut Ave. (great central location), but without a parking lot, but it does have valet parking. Against friends advice I rented a car. I should have listened to my friends! Driving in the D.C. area was a harrowing, white knuckle experience. Don't go through it! It is far easier and cheaper just to take a cab/taxi they are everywhere and are not that expensive. Getting back to my arrival at the hotel, I had to wait (in the street) about 10-15 minutes before my car could be taken, and upon leaving at about 3AM I had to wait 30 minutes to get my car :( OK, We got the bad over with! Lesson learned: Taxi! Don't rent a car! Now, as for the staff, rooms, customer service and cleanliness. All top notch. My room was clean, well taken care of, all the amenities you might expect (small fridge but no mini bar items though). Coffee maker, Iron, Ironing board, flat screen TV with a good choice of channels etc. The staff was helpful and engaging. The evening bar staff - I ordered some food to take back to my room (They do have room service though) were very nice and Kudos to the morning breakfast room staff as some of my group were late, and they did everything possible to make everything work - they were terrific! Many times I have had less good experiences with independent hotels and prefer the standards of chains. This was the exception to the rule. So aside from the really poor parking issue, this hotel gets a good rating from me. Two thumbs up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For more than a century, the Churchill Hotel, situated on Connecticut Avenue near the Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan neighborhoods, has been home to a long list of diplomats, dignitaries, politicians, business travelers, and prominent families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Washington Dc