We stayed in the Churchill Hotel for my first trip to DC this past spring. I wanted something less corporate, a little more unusual, and I was not disappointed.
We stayed in a Junior Presidential Suite, which I highly recommend, but we were first shown to a regular room, and that looked perfectly nice as well (just a tiny confusion with out reservation, not the hotel's fault and quickly remedied). Very elegant and not too run-down, but you do have to expect a little "old world" sort of tatters to the building. The bed was comfortable and water pressure was good. Staff seemed friendly and the valet parking worked mostly well -- we waited a little too long once, but otherwise it was a good solution.
My only complaint is the HVAC system, which didn't seem to work. No matter what setting we put it on, it blew warm air -- and it was a hot DC spring weekend, we wanted to be cool. Management offered to move us but it would have been to a smaller room and I didn't want to give up our space. They brought a fan and we opened the window all night, and it worked pretty well. These kinds of things happen with old buildings, that's the risk you take.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For more than a century, the Churchill Hotel, situated on Connecticut Avenue near the Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan neighborhoods, has been home to a long list of diplomats, dignitaries, politicians, business travelers, and prominent families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Washington Dc