Stayed over a long weekend in a junior suite with 2 double beds. Our flight came in early in the morning and we Metro'd and walked our way to the hotel in hopes of storing our luggage until check in time, but Michael at the desk asked us to wait a few minutes and they would get our room ready right then! Very soon we were escorted by the Head of Housekeeping to our room where we could freshen up before going out again. The room was spacious, everything was very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable, with feather pillows and duvets. The hallways have a slightly mazelike quality, and the carved moldings have been painted many times, in the way that older hotels often do, but this is exactly the sort of thing that drew me to the place. It definitely carries an old European hotel vibe. As many others have mentioned, the staff are all smiling and helpful. The location near Dupont Circle is convenient to many good restaurants. Most nights we ate dinner within a block of the hotel. Yes, there's a bit of a hill if you're walking up from the Metro, but that is DC. Parts of it are hilly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For more than a century, the Churchill Hotel, situated on Connecticut Avenue near the Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan neighborhoods, has been home to a long list of diplomats, dignitaries, politicians, business travelers, and prominent families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Washington Dc