Great hotel. Visited with family for a few days of sightseeing. The building is older and handsome--if you like fine older hotels you'll love this one. From our window (facing Conn. Ave.) we could see the decoration on the building--scroll brackets, swag, very grand. Our room, with two beds, had great feng shui, very comfortable. The door in the bathroom between the toilet and the sink is genius.
When we checked in, I inadvertently presented the clerk with a puzzle relating to a third party payer that wasn't in their system. Showing up at a hotel to be told they don't have your reservation can be unnerving. "Don't worry about it, we'll take care of it." And they did, couldn't have been smoother. I gave them extra work and they handled it brilliantly. These guys really know how to run a hotel.
The location is great too. About a 10 minute walk from the Dupont Circle metro station, plenty of nice restaurants between here and there. Behind the hotel, nice quiet neighborhood to walk around in--lots of embassies.
I don't care which hotel hosts the next conference I'm in DC for, I'm staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For more than a century, the Churchill Hotel, situated on Connecticut Avenue near the Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan neighborhoods, has been home to a long list of diplomats, dignitaries, politicians, business travelers, and prominent families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Washington Dc