Though the facility is attractive and the staff helpful, our stay was a big disappointment.
1) We'd selected The Fairmont in part for location but particularly for its terrific exercise facilities and pool. I even made sure to call the hotel before booking to make sure what I saw in the photos was what we'd find but on check-in were told that the whole facility was closing for renovations. We pressed for use of another facility which was available only from 11am-4pm, when we'd be working and unavailable. They should have told me when I called so we had an opportunity to find another facility. For what it's worth, the facilities really are terrific, just unavailable to us.
2) The second morning of our stay we requested privacy but returned to our room to discover the "Privacy Please" tag back on the inside of the door, a light left on and the room cleaned. Everything we had carefully left laid out on surfaces had been touched and moved. To his credit, the concierge was mortified and offered profuse apologies, yet told me that the housekeeper insisted there was no privacy notice. Bad enough a mistake was made, but lying made it worse.
I hope this was just a bad couple of days in the life of a good hotel, but I surely wouldn't risk another visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is pleased to announce that all of our guestrooms are newly renovated as of June 01, 2016. The newly renovated guestrooms, suites and Fairmont Gold experience transform the hotel into the premier luxury destination in the nation's capital by adding contemporary and innovative features important to today's travelers, such as multiple outlets and a multi-functional table with a chaise. We are currently enhancing our public spaces with a redesign of the courtyard and lobby. During this time, we will install temporary walls around the lounge and lobby staircase where an exhibit of "American Icons" will be displayed. We have partnered with the Georgetown gallery, Artist's Proof, to showcase historic and current American celebrities and personalities. We are working to ensure the guest experience is not impacted during your stay and look forward to welcoming you to the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairmont Washington Dc
- Fairmont Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairmont