“Great Hotel !!”

GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Great Hotel !!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I recently stayed one night with family at the Fairmont in Washington while traveling south for vacation. I wish I was staying at the Fairmont for 4 days and the only place for 1 day because the hotel was awesome.

Check-in, valet and the lobby was flawless. Everyone was extremely helpful, the service was fast and friendly. The lobby area was beautiful with plenty of places to sit and relax, the entire hotel is spotless and very well maintained.

Our room was a deluxe with a small balcony which was very nice. The room was clean, very comfortable and functional. The bed was marvelous and one of the more comfortable ones I have slept in which is always appreciated. I love the water pressure in this building makes for a great shower ! (its the little things what can I say).

We ate at the buffet for breakfast and the food and staff were prompt and wonderful and the food was great. Valet was very fast and even gave us some water to take with us on our trip.

Overall probably one of the best Fairmont's I have ever stayed in. Terrific hotel and the staff is first rate...well done !!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you so much Hdblue! We love getting reviews from seasoned travelers – and you certainly fall under that description!

We agree with you 100% that it is the little things that make or break a stay and are glad that our amenities were to your liking. We greatly appreciate your compliments to our staff and property and can’t wait to have you back again!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed at the Fairmont for a very hot weekend. Was very pleased to see how beautiful it was. After a quick check-in, we went to a lovely room overlooking the beautiful courtyard. Beds were comfortable & slept well, which is a plus for me. The rooms have a Keurig coffeepot which my husband loved & a separate teapot which I loved. Such a nice touch. We didn't have breakfast there but our friends did & didn't think it was worth the $20 each. A group of us had the $30 Sunday Supper which was a good deal in pricey Washington. The portions were not big, which was fine for me, but not all the men. The chef was off that night so we did not have him come to our table as advertised. We had great service from Nora. She was excellent at the dinner & again in the lounge the next day. The lounge was very pretty & comfortable but the drinks at the bar were very expensive.
The hotel was a nice 15 minute walk to the Georgetown harbor, which is lovely. Since it was so hot, we took cabs to most other places. The only real downside was the AC would go on for about 30 seconds, then off for a couple minutes, then back on for 30 seconds. Very strange & took a couple days to get used to it.

Room Tip: Joined the president's club before arrived & was upgraded to deluxe king room overlooking th...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you very much for the kind review Sharon K! We’re honored to have been your Washington oasis. You make excellent points to help future travelers—the Keurig and teapot are always nice to have and we certainly second your recommendation to sign up for Fairmont President’s Club before you arrive. From complimentary Internet access at all Fairmonts to recognition of your travel preferences, it’s always a good idea!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I chose the Fairmont as my hotel for my first visit to the United States District Capital. The room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The morning paper was always ready at the door and my room faced the lovely courtyard. I enjoyed my breakfasts and dinners in the dining room and food and service were exactly what I expected from the Fairmont. Well situated and easy use of the Metro system

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Thank you CDN_Adventurer_2! We’re so glad to have been “just what you wanted.” It’s what we aim for!

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and share your experience and are honored to have hosted you for your first visit to our Capital. Come back and visit again soon!

scotland
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Just back from 2 week trip to Washington DC and Bermuda. We are a 50 plus couple who enjoy travelling and seldom visit the same place twice however our experiences in Washington DC will entice us back and we will definitely stay here again.
We loved the city and the hotel. Our room overlooked the lovely courtyard and had everything you could need. As someone said in an earlier review it is the small things that make a first class hotel - like the coffee machine in the room, the chargers for computers,phones etc ( I had left ine at home and was delighted to see that I could charge up my Ereader and iPad) , free WIFI for guests registered for the Fairmont Presidents Club, the good bathroom amenities and, of course, the friendly helpful staff who seemed to care whether we were having a good time.
We enjoyed the happy hour at the bar Mon to Fri (why not the weekend?) and can certainly recommend the cocktails. Breakfast in Junipers was good - great that they had freshly squeezed orange juice as standard.
Concierge staff were very helpful with places to eat, local bars etc and did not try to push their own restaurants or bar.
Check in and check out were very quick - offered upgrades on arrival but decided it wasn't worth the extra for us. The hotel is well placed although walking in the 90 degree heat was a challenge at times and the strawberry lemonade at reception was very welcome on our return to the hotel.
All in all a fabulous 4 days. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you jmc27! We’re glad to hear that you loved your trip—and that you will be back again!

Our favorite comment in your review is this: “the friendly helpful staff who seemed to care whether we were having a good time.” It’s a great observation; our team really does care about our guests. We really appreciate you taking the time to note this.

Thanks again for the review. We look forward to having you back.

Marlborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We had this hotel booked for us by Dial a Flight as part of a big US trip for myself and my 17yr old son.
It's in a good position for visiting the sights and monuments. Took us about 15/20 mins to walk to the Lincoln Memorial which was fine.
We only had 24 hours so it was perfect really.
The hotel itself is nice and of good quality. Buffet breakfast was good and not that expensive. We had an evening meal here as there is not really much choice in the area as its mainly a business district, and I found it good but expensive. There is a pool and fitness suite but its run by a third party company so you have to pay to use it. My son went for a swim and said it was good.
You have to bear in mind that its quite a way from the airport and as such transport is quite expensive. We arrived by train and that was only a 15 min taxi ride but left by air and that was $60, and 45 mins.
So nice comfortable 4 star hotel, good efficient staff but in a very quiet area with not much going on.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for the review charliebucket999! We’re honored to have been included as a part of the big US trip for you and your son. We hope you got lots of pictures!

The monuments are quite a sight and the perfect distance to walk to and enjoy day or night. Especially when you have as nice of weather as we’ve been having lately. We’re glad you enjoyed everything and hope to host you again.

NJ
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I choose the Fairmont because we have stayed several times in Fairmonts in Arizona and Bermuda and have always been satisfied. I came into DC for an overnight conference and brought my husband and 2 kids. They gave us an early check-in, an upgraded room and a late checkout so we could tour the city before making our 5pm train. The staff were all so courteous and accomodating it was by far the best of all the Fairmont's we have stayed. I cannot say enough about this hotel...look no further if you are in DC!

Room Tip: Any room overlooking the courtyard is worth it. Gold floors are worth the extra.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you jorlando1! We love the enthusiasm—we’re always happy to provide the “best overnight stay ever.” So great!

We’re glad we had the opportunity to host you and your family and appreciate your Fairmont loyalty. We're flattered to be your favorite :-) Thanks again and hope to have you back,

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I had high hopes for my stay at the Fairmont but they just didn't live up to them. The main problem I had was the building was old and the rooms showed it. When it comes to a luxury hotel it's the details that matter and frankly, they were overlooked. Let me be clear though, the service and staff were great, it was the physical property that was lacking. The entrance and first floor area were nice but the rooms need a little work done. Cracks in the bathroom sink, baseboards coming off the wall, you could actually see into the hallway from inside the room. There was a gap between the bottom of the door and the floor. The Fairmont is a luxury hotel brand and this one just didn't measure up. My previous trip to DC I stayed across the street at the Park Hyatt and I was much happier. Until they do a renovation of the rooms I think I will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Luxbizman
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you for reviewing Sneeker635! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and value your feedback. We’re also glad you enjoyed our staff and service!

We apologize that the stay did not exceed your expectations. We aim to do that with every visit—stay tuned as we update the property. We hope to get another chance to show you just how luxurious we can be!