“Another happy stay”

Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown
Ranked #17 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 September 2013

A great hotel to relax in after a long day. The lobby lounge area is tranquil and very comfortable. Food quality is better than most of it's 4-star competition. Room size is decent and the staff helpful. Strongly recommend to those who do not want to pay 5-star hotel rates but would still like to enjoy upscale quality and service level.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you Miumiu88! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. You are absolutely right that the hotel is great to relax in after a long day. We like to say that we’re an oasis in the middle of a busy city.

We’re glad you enjoyed the food, room and staff. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again,

There are newer reviews for Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel to attend a conference at a nearby hotel. It was in a great location in which I felt safe walking around the neighborhood alone to explore on my lunch breaks. Staying on the gold level gave me access to the amenities of a large hotel with the attentive service you get in a small boutique hotel.

The choice to stay on the gold level floor made my stay an excellent value. All of the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make sure I had what I needed. I especially enjoyed the included yummy breakfasts and delicious hors d'oeuvres that were served each evening. It was nice to enjoy these meals in the comfortable lounge instead of having to dine alone at an outside restaurant. My room was gorgeous and spacious. I took advantage of the daily classes at the gym that were complimentary with my stay on the gold level. The use of gym clothes and sneakers that are loaned to members of the president's club was extremely convenient and enabled me to keep my luggage light enough to avoid having to check a bag (it was also nice to not have to schlep dirty gym clothes home). I felt very at home and welcome at this hotel and was very grateful to all of the wonderful, professional staff who took care of me during my stay.

Eating by the fountain at the hotel's restaurant surrounded by flowers was a nice treat. I felt like I had been transported away from the concrete jungle that surrounds the hotel. For lunch, it is worth the short walk to the L.A. Sports club next door to the Ritz Carlton. They offer many healthy, well-priced options that are served pretty quickly.

The bed was very comfortable and my room was very quiet, both of which afforded me peaceful slumber. My room and the hotel were very clean. I could not have been happier with my choice of hotel and will gladly make this hotel my first choice if I return to D.C. in the future.

Room Tip: The extra money to stay on the gold level is well worth it!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you so much carolgb328! What a great review!

We’re pleased with everything you had to say. We couldn’t agree more that Fairmont Gold is an excellent value. We encourage all guests to try it at least once…and then see if you’re able to not book it again! The feeling of staying in a boutique hotel with the amenities of a large hotel is exactly what we strive for.

We cannot wait to have you back again. It sounds like you take your fitness very seriously—let us know when you are arriving so we can have health-specific offerings ready for you.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel is very comfortable, with a lovely lounge area and in a nice location with helpful staff. We stayed on the concierge floor, there appear to be less amenities than when I stayed there three years ago, e.g. honor bar even for wine and beer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing your stay DAPJr112! We appreciate you taking the time to do so. We especially appreciate your compliments toward our staff.

We apologize that there seem to be less amenities than your last stay. That’s something we never want. If you have the opportunity, please email Maggie Baum, our Fairmont Gold Manager, at maggie.baum@fairmont.com. She will be able to make this right and ensure that our offerings only go up, never down.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I came here on business, so wasn't able to spend a lot of time in the hotel - most of my time there was spent having after dinner drinks at the bar with my work colleagues. The bartender, a Moroccan gentleman, makes a mean Vesper. He provides excellent service and makes terrific suggestions on drinks, places to eat, etc.
The hotel manager came to my room personally to deliver a package. The room service was excellent. The rooms are neat and tidy, and the staff overall polite and very accommodating and helpful. I like the location because it is a bit removed from main traffic arteries, and so is a lot quieter. The garden court is beautiful, and they make their own honey on the roof, so ask for the cheese pate and maybe it will come with a luscious piece of honeycomb, as mine did.

Room Tip: I think you can't really go wrong anywhere - my room was on the top floor and faced the street a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you MJWSanFrancisco_CA! Jawad, the gentleman you mention, is one of the finest bartenders in the city (we think he’s the finest, but may be a little biased). We’re so glad you had the opportunity to chat with him and enjoy a “mean Vesper.”

Your tip about the cheese plate is a great one. The rooftop honey is one of our many sustainability initiatives—and the most popular with guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to hosting you in the future,

Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is a very nice hotel with very friendly staff. You are greeted by many people and every one was always willing to assist. We didn't know the area very well so were given very helpful information from where sites were, good restaurants and anything else you wanted to know. The rooms were exceptional... Very clean and roomy. It was very quiet, you couldn't hear people coming and going. I didn't get to use the pool but it looked very nice. There are several restaurants you can easily walk to and shops that's also down the street. We walked to the river front and it was very refreshing. The restaurant in the hotel has a wonderful breakfast buffet- great bacon, eggs, sausage, potatoes, fruit pastries and more- would highly recommend. You can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much Skbkjb! We’re glad to hear that you had such a good time staying with us. We appreciate your compliments toward our staff and facilities. And we love that you say “You can’t go wrong with this hotel.”

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and provide tips to future travelers. Come back and visit again soon!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We try to stay at a Fairmont every where we go especially as I usually have member certificates I can use towards my stay. My daughter and I stayed at The Fairmont Washington for 5 days in August and as usual this Fairmont served up the first class service that seems to be norm for this group. From the valet staff, to the front desk, concierge and restaurant – great service far exceeded expectations. They all definitely go out of their way to make one feel like you are the most important guest.

The location (near Georgetown) is great. As noted in other posts, the Foggy Bottom metro station is a few blocks down the road and there are lots of restaurants and a grocery store close by. Very accessible to all the major sights and the concierge has wonderful tips and suggestions (including offering some discount coupons),

We got a complimentary upgrade and the room was very clean and large. The housekeeping is amazing. Keurig coffee machine is a bonus. I requested a small pot of fresh milk for my coffee – this was delivered immediately.

We had the breakfast buffet in the serene courtyard garden. The breakfast is a full American breakfast, fresh fruit, pastries and breads. Juices are amazing. Loved the coffee, too. Great value at $19.

Join the Fairmont President’s Club to get complimentary Internet access at every Fairmont around the globe

A great stay with great memories. I would highly recommend the Fairmont whenever you are in the DC area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the five-star review, ReviewsAll! It was a pleasure to read. Especially these lines: “From the valet staff, to the front desk, concierge and restaurant – great service far exceeded expectations. They all definitely go out of their way to make one feel like you are the most important guest.”

We’re glad the location was great for all of your sight-seeing and exploring. We second your advice—guests should always stop by the Concierge desk for tips on what to do around the city. And to pick up some discount coupons! The Concierge team is amazing. As are the Housekeeping, Food and Beverage and all the other teams throughout the hotel.

Thank you again for the kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and look forward to hosting you again,

Reviewed 28 August 2013

The hotel has a great location, within walking distance to Georgetown and the service is outstanding. When you pull up, you are greeted by many welcoming faces willing to help you after the long trip. We had a problem with a room service order, but the supervisor went out of her way to remedy the situation - even delivering the order herself! Extremely clean rooms. Excellent overall experience.

• Stayed: July 2013
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay Ilovechoclate! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. Nothing helps guides travel decisions quite like the opinion of fellow travelers!

Your kind words toward our staff mean a lot. Our team is amazing and we love hearing guests commend their service. Thank you again for sharing. Let us know when you’ll be back in town!