The Washington, DC Fairmont is one of my "go to" places when staying in town and rarely disappoints. To be fair, even though I am a President's Club member, I also stay at other hotels including the Park Hyatt (directly across the street and also a very nice hotel), as well as the nearby Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton and others in town, mostly because the hotels, very much including the Fairmont, really manipulate the rates based on whatever is going on in DC (conventions, meetings, political events etc) and at times, can make staying unaffordable if not ridiculous and absurd, even for their best guests. So you are really forced to check the market before booking. That aside, the rooms are lovely and well cared for and the overall facility is well run and first class. The location is within walking distance of Georgetown, is in the safest of neighborhoods, and is also walking distance to great restaurants and bars. You will not go wrong staying here and if not for the wild swing in nightly rates, I'd probably stay all the time. If the rates happen to be absurd, check the Park Hyatt or even the Westin (also across the street) or nearby Marriott, though neither are as groomed or upscale as the Fairmont.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is pleased to announce that all of our guestrooms are newly renovated as of June 01, 2016. The newly renovated guestrooms, suites and Fairmont Gold experience transform the hotel into the premier luxury destination in the nation's capital by adding contemporary and innovative features important to today's travelers, such as multiple outlets and a multi-functional table with a chaise. We are currently enhancing our public spaces with a redesign of the courtyard and lobby. During this time, we will install temporary walls around the lounge and lobby staircase where an exhibit of "American Icons" will be displayed. We have partnered with the Georgetown gallery, Artist's Proof, to showcase historic and current American celebrities and personalities. We are working to ensure the guest experience is not impacted during your stay and look forward to welcoming you to the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairmont Washington Dc
- Fairmont Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairmont