“Excellent stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Scotland
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is a great hotel. Staff were excellent, all really welcoming and helpful. Room was great, overlooked central courtyard, very spacious and well equipped. Didn't eat in the hotel at all, but lots of choices nearby, and Georgetown only a few minutes walk away. Would be happy to go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you kindly 1310petem! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and are glad that you had an excellent stay.

We are especially grateful for your compliments toward our team. They are truly our greatest asset and worthy of all your praise.

Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Palisades Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I visited this hotel for DC's famous Cherry Blossom Festival on April, it was my second night we were so tired and exhausted after walking 5 hours straight and went straight to shower and wow~!! The water pressure was fantastic you can't have this kind of water pressure at hotel only at big SPA.
They're in great location near George Town and Lincoln Memorial.
Great comfortable room, helpful staffs. I'll definitely go back here if I revisit DC later.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much Chris J! We’re glad to hear that you liked the water pressure – certainly a key requirement for a good stay!

We are very happy that you were able to visit during this beautiful time of year and that your experience was so positive. We appreciate you taking the time to review and help future travelers with their hotel decisions.

New York
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My family and Goldendoodle dog stayed at the Fairmont for Easter weekend. The hotel and grounds are just beautiful. The hotel staff was very accommodating to all our needs. We had a fabulous stay there, and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you kindly jcar1954! We are honored to have had the opportunity to host you and your pup and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Easter is a beautiful time to visit.

We are grateful for your compliments toward our team and for your endorsement. It means a lot to us.

Brooklyn,new york
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Third time in DC with family during spring break and decided to stay in a different location besides downtown. Glad we did. Fairmount's location feels more like a neighborhood with a college vibe. Short walk to fantastic high end shopping and great resturants. Extremely friendly and warm service from the moment you pull up and the day you leave. Hotel's lobby is welcoming and full of natural sunlight. Stayed in a fairmont room which was very clean with comfortable beds. Kids enjoyed the indoor pool in the evening. I highly recommend joining the presidents club ( free to join ) so you will get free wifi in room and not be charged $10 to use the fitness center. Plus you get additional perks
Just to keep in mind,if this is your first visit to Washington and you plan to see all the highlights it takes about 1/2 an hour to walk to constitution ave where the museums are located and the rest of the landmarks. If you don't like to walk and want everything at your doorstep the downtown area is a better choice.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank blogginBetty
Thank you kindly blogginBetty! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and are grateful for all of your helpful tips. We’re also happy that you are glad you ventured away from downtown!

Your tips are wonderful. We agree one hundred percent with your suggestion to join Fairmont President’s Club. It has excellent perks and allows us to get to know you better so that we can customize your stay according to your preferences.

Morpeth
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Excellent hotel in prime location. Close to quaint Georgetown and walking distance to all the main sights. Wonderful bed and bedding and first class toiletries. Staff all attentive and helpful. Would definitely stay here again. Only minus is daily charge for Internet which is waived if you join loyalty scheme. I Think Internet should be offered free to all guests and not used as an incentive to attract new members! I would have joined the loyalty scheme anyway and would have felt better if it wasn't just to avoid a 14 dollar daily charge! Jackie UK

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Jacqueline C
Thank you very much Jacqueline C! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and help future travelers with their hotel decision.

Your compliments toward our property and team are much appreciated. Our team is truly our greatest asset and worthy of any and all compliments they receive.

New Jersey
Reviewed 21 April 2014

One of the better hotels I've stayed at...a true upper crust place. Yada, yada. But a couple of things temper my enthusiasm.

First off, having never been to DC with no idea where the best place to stay would be, I was hoping to find a place which was centrally located and close to a Metro. Picked this place largely because Georgetown is a nice area and the metro was "close." Understand, though, this hotel is a decent, 10-15 minute walk from both. It's not in Georgetown itself and the Foggy Bottom Metro station is a solid 3 blocks south. Again, 10-15 minute walk from both. For some this won't be an issue, just be aware of it.

Biggest gripe is this: I booked the trip through expedia and got a "King" for four nights at $1150. Keep in mind, wife + 2 teens with me. I was wondering where the kids would sleep, but this met the four person criteria so went with it. When we arrived, when told there would be two roll-aways put in the room. I was just hoping to get a switched to a room with two double beds instead. I was told that would be an "upgrade" to a deluxe room. How much? "50 a night". I ask what else do you get with the upgrade and was told, it's an inside room, overlooking the courtyard and would be quieter than the street-facing rooms. Fine. I went with the upgrade. We get to the room and find it is NOT a courtyard facing room, but does indeed face the street. I go back downstairs and ask about that. I am then told, there are no more courtyard-facing rooms. So what am I actually buying with the upgrade? I'm told it's a "larger room." This was true. The room was larger, but in my math quieter vs. larger, quieter wins. And the front desk offers a blank stare when I question that.

I expected relief. This is a Fairmont. I expected relief.

After four nights, I can tell you it IS noisy on the street side. There's a fire station a block away and George Washington hospital is 3 blocks away. There were sirens every night. If you must be street side, I would recommend you get a room facing 24th street as opposed to M. M is a lot busier.

Another surprise at checkout. That upgrade that was "50" bucks? It was. But that was minus the room tax. The upgrade was really $57.50. You may think it's a small thing, but it goes back to what I was told at the front desk. And what was actually truth. In hindsight, had that been a frank discussion, I would NOT have selected the upgrade and gone with the king/rollaways and saved $230. The kick in the teeth would have been if that king had actually been on the courtyard OR on M street. And it just might have been. I'll never know.

In my opinion, I expect more from the front desk at a Fairmont.

Given somewhat isolated location and experience, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Courtyard facing or a room on 24th. Avoid M street facing rooms. Too noisy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Kurt S
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for the review Kurt S! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and provide us with feedback. It truly is invaluable to us.

Anytime a guest does not leave satisfied, we have failed. We apologize for any faults during your experience and regret not being able to exceed your expectations. We will incorporate your feedback as we continue to improve.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The room itself was very clean and comfortable, with great water pressure and heat in the shower. I felt out of my league in the rest of the hotel: when they told me at checkin that breakfast buffet was until 10am, I assumed it was complimentary - far from it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you kindly flimtx! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and are glad that you enjoyed your experience.

We apologize for the miscommunication regarding the breakfast buffet. That was certainly not our intention! We appreciate your understanding.