“Good hotel, close to Georgetown”

Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown
Ranked #13 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Dubai
“Good hotel, close to Georgetown”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

One of the best things with this hotel is its location. I was in DC to explore the sights, and in particular Georgetown architecture. This hotel is 10 min walk from there. The rooms are decent, the staff friendly, and the in-room dining quite good.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you kindly BecharaYen! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the location. Georgetown is a wonderful area and has a ton of activities and sights. Your tips about the area are very useful for future travelers and we appreciate you taking the time to share them.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Oakland, California
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I love staying at my Fairmonts... the pillows and beds are always perfect.
The staff is wonderful.. All front desk staff is professional and accommodating.
Rob the concierge is a wealth of knowledge. Housekeeping does a great job.
Jahad the bartender is the best! and all the staff at Juniper especially Edgar.
I can't wait to go back. The garden within the hotel courtyard is sooo peacefull. A welcome respite from the craziness of the city...
I would like complimentary coffee in the lounge area in the morning... where I can relax and read and not bother anyone for a cup.

Room Tip: ask for courtyard view..
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank sansa31
Thank you very much sansa31! What a wonderful review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and are grateful for your loyalty.

It sounds like you know your Fairmonts well and we are pleased to have been able to exceed your expectations. We are especially happy that our team made such an impression on you. Rob, Jauoad, Edgar and the rest of the teams you mentioned are truly amazing. We are impressed by them each and every day and could not be more fortunate to have them.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back,

Arlington
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Hotel grounds are truely beautiful. Staff is wonderful. Perfect location for exploring DC while staying in a safe and comfortable place. It is not an inexpensive hotel, but honestly worth every penny. Pianist in the loby area was special. Rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. Night manager somehow knew it was our anniversary and sent us chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Brandy O
Thank you very much Brandy O! Happy belated anniversary; we are honored that you chose to spend it with us and glad that our Night Manager was able to help you celebrate. It sounds like a wonderful treat!

We are grateful for your compliments toward our property, location, pianist and rooms. We are especially grateful for your compliments toward our team. They are truly our greatest asset. We could not be more fortunate.

Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel was nice and clean. I was there for a conference, and had a great time. I had some issues with my online group booking but the front desk fixed the issue immediately. I was very satisfied. There were many nice restaurant within walking distance, close to the train, and not too far from the White House. A little pricey for my budget, but if I’m in the area I would consider staying there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you kindly Lucica C! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and are honored to be your first TripAdvisor review. It sounds like you had a wonderful time at your conference and did a great job of taking advantage of all the city has to offer.

We are grateful for your compliments toward our property and location. We are very glad to hear that our Front Desk was able to help you with the online group booking issue. We encourage you to sign up for our online mailing list to learn about when we have offers for discounted stays—perfect for your budget and enjoyment!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I visited friends in DC and opted to stay at the Fairmont although it was rumored to be quite expensive. It is expensive but worth every cent. The front desk staff couldn't do enough for you and the rooms were well appointed and spacious. The restaurant was fine and after our second dinner there, the manager sent us thanks and a box of chocolates. The amenities were very good with a spacious fridge, micro and keurig coffee maker. The rooms were kept spotless and the parking valet was always quick in retrieving our car. All in all this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at.
ps: the lobby bar was very nice and they do have a happy hour.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you very much Peter S! What a wonderful review!

It looks like you are a very experienced traveler and your feedback is invaluable to us. We are so glad to hear that everything exceeded your expectations—that is exactly what we strive for! It’s quite a compliment to be called one of the best hotels you have ever stayed at.

Lutherville, Maryland
Reviewed 1 June 2014

On Thursday, May 22nd I had the delightful pleasure of staying at the Fairmont Washington, DC. Upon check in I mentioned that I was a President's Club member and the clerk had a difficult time finding me in the system. I told her that it was only for one night and not to worry. She insisted on searching and my name was found under my husband's name. I was impressed that she did not get frazzled and pursued. Everyone in the hotel from the doorman to the restaurant staff could not have been more friendly and accommodating. The hotel is beautifully appointed with careful thought has gone into every little detail. Breakfast is not my favorite meal but I would recommend that guests build in time to eat in the hotel restaurant. The presentation was top notch and the food was excellent. I have never had an egg white omelet that tasted so good, along with the seasonally ripe fruit and mini bagels served hot and toasted perfectly. I can not stand when you pay top dollar for fresh fruit and it is not ripe. The fruit was on point. The extra bonus is the very lovely courtyard in the hotel that was a pleasant place to relax with my family. If you are going to spend time in DC for business or sightseeing, I would recommend this wonderful urban oasis!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you very much Nancy T! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and love hearing that “this is the way things should be done!”

We appreciate all of your compliments and are especially pleased to hear your praise of our team. They are incredible individuals and it is always nice when guests recognize them. We also appreciate your compliments toward our breakfast offerings. We take our fruit very seriously here as well!

Thank you again. We are grateful for you recommendation and hope to welcome you back in the future,

Durham
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Had a special trip for my 40th around a few big American cities. The Fairmont truly started it in style, the gorgeous corner room (an upgrade), birthday treats and staff wishing me a happy birthday as I walked by. All the staff were so helpful, especially the concierge and reception desk. Thank you so much for making my stay so special.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you kindly Sian36! First and foremost, happy birthday! We are honored that you chose to spend it with us.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and are very grateful for your compliments toward our team. We are so fortunate to have such an amazing group of individuals and we love hearing them praised.

Thank you again. We hope to have you back in the future,