Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown
US$191
US$461
US$392
  • Room Service
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$503
US$278
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Washington Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$263
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$320
US$330
US$265
Official Website
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$309
US$262
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$254
Travelocity
3,197 results
All reviewsgold floorjuniper restaurantpresident's clubhealth clubbeautiful hotelcorner suitem streetlobby barfoggy bottomconcierge deskroom servicelincoln memorialfitness centerroom was spaciousupon checkwhite housefew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel, the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful and made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. The Fairmont is a beautiful hotel with all the amenities you need and is walking distance or a short taxi ride to the city centre. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Washington

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Sandra H
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you Sandra H! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

We are honored you chose our hotel while staying in our nation’s capital. Thank you for the kind words about our “very friendly and extremely helpful” staff. They are the single most important asset to our hotel. We appreciate you recommending our hotel and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

One of the best hotels I have been to, it is convenient to all the sites and George Town is an extra bonus. We were able to walk to the main sites within Washington and the bus service plus the tour coaches are only a short walk away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Karl91
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hi Karl91! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Thank you for your comments and calling us “one of the best hotels” you have been to. We are glad you took advantage of our location and were able to see everything Washington, D.C. has to offer. We hope we can welcome you back on a future trip.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I just spent a delightful 5 nights at the Fairmont in DC. We were celebrating both our Anniversary and Father’s Day. I worked with Al Guo Fu from the Fairmont Gold concierge group to set up little surprises for my husband and to book our dinner reservations and tours. Everything went off without a hitch. The folks at the Fairmont took care of all the details. I was really impressed.

The room was big and spacious and clean, with a lovely view of the gardens below. We were on the 9th floor where they offer a great breakfast in the morning. But not the run of the mill continental breakfast but salmon, and always two different hot choices, pastries, different breads, an assortment of fresh juices and fantastic coffee. They also serve hors d'oeuvres and dessert later in the evening. Check out my photos and short video.

The hotel was in walking distance to Georgetown and also many of the monuments and museums. We walked to many of them and back to the hotel. Cabs are also readily available, if that is the route you’d prefer.

I advise to you not miss out on the Juniper restaurant that’s located in the hotel. We had dinner there one evening and it was fantastic. Not at all what we expected. We’d seen the menu and thought the food would probably be bland. When I see the words like “sustainable” and “Gluten Free” I automatically think “Blah!”. But the menu had something on it for everyone and our dinner was tasty.

Also, on Thursday and Friday evenings, there was a live group in the lobby performing jazz. That was great too. The lounge area is so inviting and beautiful with its many sofa and comfy chair seating’s and the glass roof and the gardens. You could spend hours there relaxing.
We had great service from the doormen to the cleaning ladies and the concierge staff. I highly recommend the Fairmont in DC

Room Tip: Book a suite on the 9th floor. It's called the Fairmont Gold. You'll get lots of bang for your buck.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you ringluvr! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Congratulations on your anniversary. We a glad your had a “delightful” stay with us. We always recommend for our guests to try the Gold Floor at least once for all of the benefits like the continental breakfast. Thank you for your kind words about our staff especially Al. He is a great asset to the Gold Floor and the Fairmont team. We hope we can welcome you back on a future trip.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We really enjoyed the ambiance of the Fairmont. Our room, on the 8th floor, was generous in size and well appointed. The two double beds had plenty of space between them. There was a big desk with two arm chairs, an easy chair with footstool, the usual cabinet/ chest of drawers with TV, fridge coffee maker, etc. The bathroom was also spacious. The colour scheme was cream linen-look wallpaper, with dark timber furniture, and brown and cream carpet. Attractive for a traditional-style decor.

The lounge and bar areas were elegant. We had drinks in one such space, overlooking the small courtyard garden that was a riot of spring-time colour.

Breakfast was served in the restaurant area the first day. There was an emphasis on fresh, healthy food, so were were able to drink carrot and ginger juice, which I thought was delicious. The next morning we were mixed up with another large tour group, in the Colonnade. No unusual juices, nor freshly cooked eggs, so we did not enjoy our meal as much.

We were easily able to walk into Georgetown for a restaurant on our 'free' evening, so we found the Fairmont a good choice of hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was at the side of the hotel facing an apartment building, and was quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you nocatnow! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the very thorough description of our rooms. Your comments will undoubtedly help future guests with their travel decisions. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Let me preface this by saying that I love the Fairmont brand and we try to stay there whenever possible because of (usually) reliable service and attention to detail. Unfortunately, our first stay in Washington DC Fairmont will be our last.
First to the positives: the lobby is beautifully done, the courtyard is very pretty, albeit smaller than the pictures suggest, location is a short walk to Georgetown, the Ambassador suite layout was great for a family and it has lovely recently refurbished bathroom with both shower and a standalone soaking tub (including bath salts is a nice touch). Room service menu is varied and caters to various diets, as is the custom with Fairmont in general. Housekeeping and valet parking employees were doing a great job.  Electric plugs in the room are a bit of an issue, there are two on one side of the bed, but none on the other. The plug for the desk is all the way underneath and requires a bit of crawling to find, and only one was available so I could charge either my laptop or my phone while working but not both. On the bright side the room included both coffee maker and an electric tea pot, which was very useful.
Now to the not so good. I was aware that the hotel was undergoing outside wall re-facing and expected minor noise issues, but having stayed at Chateau Frontenac during a major renovation without any problems we did not expect it to bother us much. Friday morning we woke up to massive drilling noise that appeared to emanate from within the hotel itself. After trying to ignore it for a while I eventually called the front desk to inquire if there was any other work going on in the hotel. The first person I spoke to advised me that there was nothing else and the only thing he could offer was move us a few floors up into the same configuration suite which would face the same direction and probably have the same noise issue. I didn't see the point‎. However after the noise appeared to become more prominent and started to interfere with my work related calls I called the front desk again, thinking the move might after all be a good idea. This time I reached another employee, who advised me that there was indeed work being down in the rooms both on the floor directly beneath us and on the floor beneath the one where we could be moved, so either way the drilling noise would be an issue. I advised her that this was interfering with my work, but the best she could offer was that the work would stop at 5 pm and there would be nothing going on during the weekend. The fact that I got two conflicting stories from two different employees and ultimately no resolution was a bit puzzling.
Saturday evening after a long trolley tour we decided to order room service dinner again since previous evening's experience was quite good‎. This time part of the order was botched, silverware did not include spoons even though dessert contained ice cream that melted all over the cake, table was rolled in but not set up (for a twenty percent mandatory gratuity I really expected better service) but the worst part was that halfway through consuming it we realised that "maple glazed Brussels sprouts" contained pieces of bacon, which was not mentioned on the menu at all. There is nothing worse for a vegetarian than to unknowingly consume meat product, both esthetically and healthwise. There was no sense of urgency when the front desk finally returned my call. A lukewarm apology, an offer to replace the dish (twenty minutes after we've finished eating?), complete lack of knowledge how the bacon ended up there in the first place, followed up by a tentative "I'll talk to the kitchen about dinner charges." There was no follow up, the next morning the charge for the offending dish was still on the bill and it took another  conversation with yet another employee to get it removed. Obviously it was not the money that was the issue, but to suggest handling it via that route and then not follow through is ‎strange customer service at best.  Not to mention something as controversial as bacon, which many people avoid for religious or health reasons, should not simply appear in a vegetable dish by accident.
On a last note when I asked for a possibility of a late checkout, so the child could use the pool before we left, I was very condescendingly offered an arbitrary thirty minutes, loyalty programme nonwithstanding, something that I've found sadly in line with overall experience.
‎To summarise, I understand that some things are beyond anyone's control, but there appears to be a general attitude ‎of polite indifference amongst the front desk staff. Gold floor might be an entirely different matter (I did inquire on their suite availability since it's usually our first choice, but there were none), but a guest should expect similar level of caring no matter on what floor one stays. More to the point there are other hotels in DC where the staff would treat their guests far better while providing the same amenities as Fairmont DC.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank NYC_Traveller02
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you kindly for the review Anya K! We appreciate the feedback. It is essential to us and allows us to continue to improve our offerings.

First and foremost, thank you for your Fairmont loyalty. We appreciate it greatly and are proud that our sister properties have served you so well in the past. Secondly, our apologies. Anytime we fail to exceed our guests’ expectations, we are at fault. We are sorry for the mishaps that occurred during your stay and would love to have the opportunity to make it right. If you are visiting Washington again in the future and willing to give us another chance, please email keely.carney@fairmont.com so that she can take care of your reservation.