“Perfect location/perfect price”

GreenLeadersGold level
Heartland
“Perfect location/perfect price”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I came to DC with my 11 year old daughter and my mother-in-law to see all our Nation's capital had to offer. We stayed in a standard room with a king bed on the 10th floor for 5 nights. I am also a member of the President's Club (free and highly recommended). Since we had 3 in our room and only one bed, we were able to get a roll away for no extra charge. My mother-in-law said it was extremely comfortable and the king bed was outstanding as well. The room was clean and the employees were helpful and friendly.
We spent most of our days sightseeing, but when we returned at night the bartender, Jawad, warmly greeted us. He remembered our names, our drinks and our room number. Pinot Grigio for me, Shirley Temple for my daughter and a Beetini for my mother-in-law (they have roof-top bee hives!) Amazing considering how busy the beautiful lobby was each evening. A reflection of the great happy hour specials and wonderful service. Although every employee was friendly and helpful, Jawad went above and beyond; a true quality employee.
We paid under $300 per night at this hotel. Considering the convenient location to the metro and the quality of product and service we received; it was a home run!
We didn't try out the gym or the restaurant, but did order room service dessert one of the nights. The service was great, the dessert wasn't anything spectacular. There are plenty of reasonably priced food options close by and we preferred to go that route. The dine in restaurant (Jaiper?) was suppose to be amazing and has great reviews on trip advisor, urbanspoon and from other hotel guests who we asked.
This is the second Fairmont we've stayed in and I would have to say, we are hooked.
Some things to consider: the outside of the hotel is under construction, if you have late nights and like to sleep in, you should ask for a room away from the noise. Also, the a/c on the 10th floor was not working in the hallway. Our room a/c was working perfectly, but keep that in mind when requesting a room. We also requested late checkout, we were able to stay in out room until 2 pm which was extremely helpful.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank heartlandfoodie
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you heartlandfoodie! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Reviews like yours are invaluable to future travelers and we couldn’t be more grateful.

Your compliments toward our “friendly and helpful” team are much appreciated. Jawad is an incredible team member and we are glad that you recognized him as “a true quality employee.”

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Santos
Reviewed 21 July 2014

All employees are very cooperative and courteous and this is my main reason for returning to this hotel in D.C. In general everything was great except for the breakfast which could have a reasonable price. besides to us saw lots of people going out for that purpose which was a easy task to find good places around.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Paulo G
Thank you Paulo G! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

Your compliments toward our “courteous” team are much appreciated. Our team is our greatest asset ,and we are grateful that you recognized them in your review.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We hope to welcome you back in the future,

Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I attended a conference held at the Fairmont Washington. The entire stay was fantastic. I must mention Leaha Benyam, a lobby lounge server. Each night she was friendly and accommodating! She went out of her way to make our experience lovely. She was most helpful in wine selections and cheese selection on the most wonderful cheese tray (love the goat cheese!) Thank you, Fairmont, for a very enjoyable stay. The rooms were always wonderfully clean. Cheers to housekeeping. The staff at the front desk and concierge desk were delightful and helpful.

Room Tip: On the fourth floor I heard very little of anything. Get a corner room.
Green Features: I appreciated that I could choose to keep a towel and limit the number of times the sheets were changed.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you docbsullivan! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and are pleased that you had a “fantastic” stay.

Thank you for the kind words about our staff. Leaha is a great asset to the Fairmont team and we are glad you had the chance to interact with her. The Fairmont Green Partnership program focuses on improvements in waste management, sustainability, and energy and water conservation. We are thankful for you noticing and taking advantage of the program.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I came to this hotel with a group holding a convention here. Never would have been able to afford it without the group rate we received. The hotel was very clean and polished. It was definitely one of the finer hotels I had ever stayed in. The rooms were cleaned perfectly each day and it always was made to feel fresh and new. The staff was always friendly and willing to help. Great shower and large towels. The air conditioning in the rooms can get downright cold, which was great to me!

My warning to anyone traveling here is in relation to a $100 hold per day that they put on your credit card. This was never stated to me by anyone at the hotel, neither when making my reservation or in a confirmation email. Another member of my group pointed this out to me before my arrival. I called them before arriving and was assured that they would only charge the hold for incidentals up front and then the cost of the room at the end. To be sure I called another time and was told the same information. Upon arriving however, I was told a different story. The host at the desk told me that it was hotel policy to hold $100 per night plus the room cost up front...not what I was told. Since I don't travel with credit of that amount, this was a problem. They worked with me and only took a hold for incidentals for 2 nights but the stress of the situation was not appreciated.

My only other issue is that the facade of the hotel is currently undergoing renovation. During the morning and afternoon hours your room can be filled with the sound of jackhammers and other tools right outside your window. Not what you want to hear when trying to nap after a long day of travel.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank nzomer
FairmontDC, Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you nzomer! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Your compliments toward our “friendly and willing to help” team are much appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed your room with all of the amenities.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were a group of 10 at Fairmont for 4 nights this week. Very beautiful hotel with large spacious rooms, friendly staff, and a fab gym facility. The location is also very good and can go around the town easily. We had a little disappointment with front desk as they charged us for a already paid stay and locked us out of our rooms. Also for a hotel like this we expect free WIFI but had to pay a lot. Had breakfast there which was good but too pricey. However, found a nice cafe nearby which served a good hot meal at half the price. There are some renovations going on which can be disturbing. The stay was comfortable though

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Shaalu
Thank you for the review Shaalu. We apologize for any hardships you endured and appreciate you sharing your feedback. This is always helpful to us as we strive to improve and your notes about the website are very useful.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review,

Upland
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Fairnont in Georgetown DC June 29-July 3 in room 1017. My sister from Norfolk joined me as we toured Washington DC. (She had just finished 2 rounds of chemo and is cancer free.) Our stay at the Fairmont was a joy! We talked, swam, enjoyed. I would like to mention Mrs. Lopez at the restaurant reception area. She was such a personable and friendly lady. I wanted to be friends with her immediately. She made our dining experience a pleasure.

I thank the Fairmont Hotel and staff for making our get-together a wonderful memory.

-Nancy Shane

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank NShaneRN
Thank you NShaneRN! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and we are honored to be your first TripAdvisor review.

Thank you for the kind words about our staff. Mrs. Lopez is incredible and we are glad that you had the chance to interact with her. We’re glad we made your trip a “wonderful memory”, that is quite a compliment!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed at the Fairmont Washington for a for a self-made long weekend. The hotel is in a great part of the city. We were extremely close to all the sites and walking distance to the nice shops on M. The hotel was a little dated in terms of the finishes but it appears to be under renovations so I am assuming that will change. Regardless, the amenities were very nice and everything was in excellent working order. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the little extras, such as bikes for Presidents Club members, made the stay even that much more enjoyable. Their buffet breakfast was great... the interesting juices were a nice treat.

Would definitely come back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Derek S
Thank you Derek S! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

We love hearing that the staff was “very friendly and helpful.” Our team is our greatest asset and we are grateful that you recognized them in your review. It’s good to see you took advantage of the Fairmont President’s Club, your membership allows you access to benefits like complimentary hotel bicycle service and Wi-Fi.

Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit,