I came to DC with my 11 year old daughter and my mother-in-law to see all our Nation's capital had to offer. We stayed in a standard room with a king bed on the 10th floor for 5 nights. I am also a member of the President's Club (free and highly recommended). Since we had 3 in our room and only one bed, we were able to get a roll away for no extra charge. My mother-in-law said it was extremely comfortable and the king bed was outstanding as well. The room was clean and the employees were helpful and friendly.
We spent most of our days sightseeing, but when we returned at night the bartender, Jawad, warmly greeted us. He remembered our names, our drinks and our room number. Pinot Grigio for me, Shirley Temple for my daughter and a Beetini for my mother-in-law (they have roof-top bee hives!) Amazing considering how busy the beautiful lobby was each evening. A reflection of the great happy hour specials and wonderful service. Although every employee was friendly and helpful, Jawad went above and beyond; a true quality employee.
We paid under $300 per night at this hotel. Considering the convenient location to the metro and the quality of product and service we received; it was a home run!
We didn't try out the gym or the restaurant, but did order room service dessert one of the nights. The service was great, the dessert wasn't anything spectacular. There are plenty of reasonably priced food options close by and we preferred to go that route. The dine in restaurant (Jaiper?) was suppose to be amazing and has great reviews on trip advisor, urbanspoon and from other hotel guests who we asked.
This is the second Fairmont we've stayed in and I would have to say, we are hooked.
Some things to consider: the outside of the hotel is under construction, if you have late nights and like to sleep in, you should ask for a room away from the noise. Also, the a/c on the 10th floor was not working in the hallway. Our room a/c was working perfectly, but keep that in mind when requesting a room. We also requested late checkout, we were able to stay in out room until 2 pm which was extremely helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is pleased to announce that all of our guestrooms are newly renovated as of June 01, 2016. The newly renovated guestrooms, suites and Fairmont Gold experience transform the hotel into the premier luxury destination in the nation's capital by adding contemporary and innovative features important to today's travelers, such as multiple outlets and a multi-functional table with a chaise. We are currently enhancing our public spaces with a redesign of the courtyard and lobby. During this time, we will install temporary walls around the lounge and lobby staircase where an exhibit of "American Icons" will be displayed. We have partnered with the Georgetown gallery, Artist's Proof, to showcase historic and current American celebrities and personalities. We are working to ensure the guest experience is not impacted during your stay and look forward to welcoming you to the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairmont Washington Dc
- Fairmont Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairmont