“2nd Time around was a charm”

Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown
Ranked #19 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 December 2010

After my previous stay @ the fairmont dc in late Feb, 2010, i was rewarded with a 2 night free stay @ the fairmont DC, to makeup for my unhappy experience. I received great, close to excellent service, I arrived at the hotel around 9am, my luggage was stored and cell # taken inorder for the front desk to call me when a room was available. i was comp. upgraded to a corner "deluxe" room. The first night there, comp. fruit, and pastry platter was delivered to my room. The next day Ms. Angie Clifton called me to make sure everything was fine. I was in DC for the CBC convention, but there was also a wedding, pharmaceutical &cop conference going on so the hotel was filled to capacity. the staff was attentive, the only problem i had was that when I came in Feb. i was told they didn't have a driver for the house car, for premier president club members and I was given this same excuse again in Sept. I stayed a total of 4 nights and enjoyed my stay. House keeping was great and friendly.

The hotel is located in georgetown near a medical college, its a about a 10 block walk to the train and a block away from a bus stop. There's a trader joes near the hotel and cvs pharmacy.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 December 2010

This was one of the nicer hotels that I've stayed in while traveling for business - I would definitely consider it for a stay with my family in the future. Food was excellent, and the room was spacious and well laid out. Service was very good, better than at other Fairmonts I have stayed in. Wireless internet worked fine, conference rooms and facilities without fault. The location may not be as central to attractions as some other hotels like the Sofitel, but that was not an issue for me on this trip.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
FWDC, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2010

It was very thoughtful of you to take time to share your recent experience at The Fairmont Washington, D.C. We look forward your next stay with your family.

Reviewed 2 December 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Fairmont last October to attend the Rally To Restore Sanity, and, to my surprise and pleasure, were joined by Steven Colbert and his entourage! (a little shorter than I would have expected...)

Nothing undersized about the hotel, however. A major renovation is winding down, but all the public spaces have been completed and one would never know the work was going on. The staff is young, vibrant and very attentive --- not a single stuffed shirt. Our room was well-appointed, bed was very comfortable (firm mattress) and the down comforter and bathrobes made us feel very special. Recommend getting a room facing the inner courtyard, especially on the lower floors. We only dined for breakfast, which was slightly above average (they do offer a unattended daily breakfast buffet).

A short walk from the hotel to Georgetown for shopping and eating, and a slightly longer walk to the Metro station for sightseeing. A little out of the way for heavy sightseeing (the Mall is six or seven stops away on the Metro), but perfect for a leisurely DC visit that includes a lot of time in Georgetown.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
FWDC, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2010

It sounds like you really had a great time at the Rally. Thank you for staying with us. Please come back and visit. We appreciate you thoughful comments.

Reviewed 25 November 2010

I spent four nights at the Fairmont recently. The room was gorgeous and immaculate. The staff are very friendly and attentive, and the feeling is just luxurious. I never heard noise from the hall or noise from HVAC systems. The location is close to the Mall, Georgetown and the White House. Easy to get to the metro and there are many good restaurants and a Trader JOe's close by. I even got a great rate. My favorite DC hotel!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
FWDC, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2010

Thank you for writing about your recent stay at The Fairmont. We hope you will come visit again soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2010

Once again, the Fairmont in Washington, DC proved to be the perfect choice for friends and family. The staff was friendly and attentive. Brunch at the hotel was a treat....convenient and delicious. The Health Club is surprisingly large for a city property which includes a pool, equipment and exercise classes. This hotel always seems to be my go to place for those coming to visit. Great location, close to shopping and Metro.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
FWDC, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2010

It was great to here about your return visit to The Fairmont. Our Sunday Brunch is something our culinary team is very proud of, so it's nice to hear how much you enjoyed it.
Thank you, and come back soon.

Diana

Reviewed 21 November 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Fairmont. The front desk upon arrival was very friendly.
The concierge was very good and helpful with museums and gallery choices.
Plus she helped me find a good hairdresser in walking distance from the hotel.
The Juniper restaurant had a good breakfast buffet. Quite pricey, but very nice.
We would return due to the nice service. Our room on a higher floor was recently refurbished, but my sisters room on the 4th floor looked in need of updating. The couryard side has quieter rooms. Lots of weddings at this hotel as well. They do take over the bar area so it was a bit tight to find a place to meet with our family. Otherwise, great location and staff stand out. Dinners at Obellisk and J & G Steakhouse were
good. Would not return to J & G.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
FWDC, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2010

Thank for your recent review of your stay at The Fairmont Washington, D.C. We appreciate the feed-back.

Reviewed 17 November 2010

We were going for a city break to Washington and as it was only 3 days fancied a nice hotel. It's a good location, you can easily walk to Georgetown ( 10 min) or it's an easy stroll ( 20min) to the white house and the surrounding area. The only issue was that the nearest metro stop was 10 min away.

Hotel was very clean and staff very friendly. Would recommend the breakfast buffet as it fills you up for the whole day. Shame it does not offer free wi-fi as this seems to be the trend with lots of major hotel chains. The pool was a bit small and the bathrooms could do with some better baths/showers.

Overall really nice hotel, would recommend it for a nice city break.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple