“FANTASTIC Tour of D.C. (and we live here!)”

Bike the Big Capital
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike the Big Capital offers outstanding professional bike excursions. Far more than a standard DC tour, our expert guides take you safely beyond the Mall to see the most fascinating neighborhoods "off the beaten path."
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We decided to book this tour of Washington D.C. because we wanted to learn more about the city we live in (and we loved the idea of doing it by bike). Pat and Phil were our AWESOME tour guides who did a FANTASTIC job of showing us various places of interest in the neighborhoods that we tend to just pass through. They also took us to all the popular monuments and other points of interest that we didn't know were here! Besides a great tour experience, safety was a priority for Pat and Phil. So whether you are just visiting or live in D.C. like us - bring a water bottle and your curiosity. Bike the Big Capital will do the rest!

Reviewed 14 June 2012

We hired a private tour guide from Bike the Big Capital to take us to see the mall monuments and some of DCs neighborhoods. Had a fabulous day with our tour guide Pat. Spent 5.5 hours on the bikes and stopped for lunch at a sandwich shop. Since it was a private tour, guide verified with us what we wanted to see and how much history and DC facts we wanted him to share with us. Was a little nervous about riding the streets of DC-but no fear, Pat gave us guidelines and showed us the way. Setup of our tour was easy. Jesse responded to calls and emails timely and payment was done via email communication without issue.

1  Thank ILtravelerRedBud
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We did this tour with Pat and Alex yesterday and had a wonderful time! We've lived here for over 20 years but they were able to show us sights we had never seen and give us new information on the ones we had been to many times. I had never ridden on city streets and was nervous about that but their techniques of riding in front and behind made me feel very safe. They guys are a lot of fun and really now how to make the trip special for you. This is really a fun way to see DC! I highly recommend them.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I had the pleasure of taking the bike tour with Phil and Alex yesterday. I would highly recommend it. Although I have been to DC a number of times, they still managed to show me new and interesting stuff. Their little magic binder which they pulled out at the points of interest really added to the knowledge base.
The bikes are top notch. Phil and Alex really know their DC and American history. (And Phil was able to speak Dutch to the Belgian couple! I think he has a couple more languages up his sleeve.)
Their friendly manner made the trip enjoyable and they were very aware of our safety at all times - with Phil often inserting himself between our group and oncoming traffic acting as the sweep.
When we stopped for lunch they took us to a marvelous restaurant - but gave us the option of quite a few. On the way back our group wanted to detour a half block to have a peek at something and they were very accommodating.
And yes, there were opportunities to use the loo.
It was kind of like going for a bike ride with friends who live in the city.
If you are wondering if you should do this - do it.

1  Thank Cheryl A