“What a lovely place!”

and up
Politics and Pints: Small Group Capitol Hill Tour with Local Guide
Ranked #65 of 450 things to do in Washington DC
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We're locals and we went there for the first time this weekend. Highly recommend it. You can get great cute things at the stands while eating amazing food! Stop by the crepes food stand and the Indian food stand: AMAZING!!

2  Thank DrMon79
There are newer reviews for Eastern Market

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We came here and grabbed a late lunch from the restaurant in the Eastern Market. We ordered the crab cake sandwich, fried shrimp sandwich and french fries. The food was really good and the service was also good and fast but we did go late afternoon around 2pm when there weren't a lot of people there. The market is also very cool and I wish I lived by a market like this that offered fresh meat and a great variety. The bakery at the end of the market makes some awesome cookies especially the Reeses pieces p-nut butter cookies and the mini chocolate chip cookies.
We came back late on Sunday and there were several vendors outside and we wish we would have gotten there earlier b/c they were shutting down so this would have been a great place to go to on the weekend.

3  Thank DCtoTB
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I enjoy our Saturday or Sunday visits to the Eastern Market. Several terrific restaurants for brunch, fresh fruits, fresh veggies, lots of vendors selling everything and anything. Each time we visit we have a great time.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have been going to Eastern Market for over 10 years. Came to DC by way of military. I truly enjoy the fresh fruits, vegetables, baked goods, plants, hand-made furniture. I have met some wonderful people over the years and developed relationships with vendors. I am addicted to Clothes Encounters & encourage you to visit. Enjoy

Reviewed 15 May 2014

First, the Eastern Market is about 3 blocks from the metro (so you can quickly get there and then leave for other places). We went on a Saturday morning and had a great time visiting the indoor/outdoor farmer's market, the crafts and the flea market. Then took a stroll around the neighborhood...it was a nice time!

We even returned on Sunday morning and saw different sellers, especially in the flea market area (which is larger on Sundays). Ate lunch there both days (and never did stand in line at the popular indoor breakfast place...maybe next time).

1  Thank Barbara S