“Always great!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Graffiato

Graffiato
Reserve with OpenTable
Graffiato is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #155 of 3,189 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
“Always great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We've been to Graffiato several times and are never disappointed. The small plates change seasonally, so there's always some thing new to try. Depending on the season, some of our favorites are: Brussels sprouts, gnocchi, sweet corn agnolotti, the cheese and cure plate. The cocktails constantly change as well and again, we've never been disappointed. The pizzas are fine but, honestly, you are missing out if you don't go for the small plates.

Toronto, Canada
“Best meal of my trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Oh my goodness!! Started with bread and the glorious pepperoni sauce, then had the gnocchi with pork ragu.. Oh! Finished with great gelato. This was hands down the best meal I had in Washington and would love to go back again and again!

St. Augustine, Florida
“Excellent small plates”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

A wonderful variety of Mediterranean themed foods. We were a group of eight and the variety was excellent. The grilled Octopus was memorable and the roasted Cauliflower was delicious. We had repeat orders of the Agnolotti. Not a dish disappointed.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Consistently great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've been to Graffiato several times and it has never disappointed. The food is delicious, the atmosphere to awesome, the service is (usually) on point. I felt like our server was rushing us out the door during our last visit. One of the things I love about Graffiato is that it is small plates and you can space your dishes out. Normally it's a very relaxing experience. Our server must have had other ideas - I think she waited all of 5 minutes between ordering our first and second courses, so all our food came out at once. After we finished our meal she kept eye-balling us from the back of the restaurant. I get that it was a Friday evening and the place was busy, but we were still ordering drinks and paying customers. No need to rush us out. The food is perfect though. Always get the flat bread with pepperoni sauce. Always. The cream cheese croutons make the caesar salad. Our favorite is the White House pizza - the black pepper honey is addictive. The best part of the meal though? Burnt marshmallow gelato. Oh my word. Absolutely divine. We'll be back - I won't let one bad server ruin what has become one of my fiance and I's favorite restaurants.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Orange County, CA
“Happy hour is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Honestly, I’m hesitant to share how great Graffiato’s happy hour is. It’s really great. 4-7 p.m. and sometimes slightly difficult to find a seat at the bar. The happy hour menu offers $5 seasonal cocktails (some of them creative and different, though all we‘ve tried so far have been delicious) and prosecco. Little plates are in the $4-6 range. The avocado, crispy prosciutto, and hazelnut crostini are divine. The crab tobiko (roe) crostini are a close second along with the arancini (deep fried risotto balls). Yummy! If you saw owner Mike Isabella on Top Chef, you’ll recognize the pepperoni sauce, which is also included on the happy hour menu. Kudos and thanks to Graffiato for sharing and passing out postcards with Mike’s pepperoni sauce recipe!

• Visited June 2014