“Many vegetarian options but...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Graffiato

Graffiato
Reserve with OpenTable
Graffiato is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #155 of 3,189 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
New York City
“Many vegetarian options but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

There are plenty of vegetarian options here but they under-deliver on flavor. Only two of about 12 pizzas are veg: a plan cheese and a black truffle and cheese (which, thanks to its cheesy richness was my favorite dish of the night). The pastas and risotto we got were under-salted and lacked a flavor punch. The ice creams were too icy, aerated and under flavored. The sodas were hard to tell apart, even though one was vanilla and the other cardamom.

Potomac, Maryland
“Absolutely delish for a group!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Had been here before but really was looking forward to trying again. And I wasn't disappointed.
There were 7 of us and we ordered a lot of items, some of them really amazing, and the rest, oh, just really good!!
They had a new menu...and our favorites were the cucumber gazpacho (SO refreshing on a hot day), the baby kale salad with peaches (we ordered it with feta instead of blue cheese and I wanted to order 2 of them, one for myself), the sweet corn agnolotti (better than the giglio cacio e pepe), the chinatown ribs, and the pizzas (doesn't matter what you like for a topping. You'll love the taste and the crust). From the veggie choices, we liked the roasted cauliflower more than the broccolini and the fritto misto. We also ordered the buffalo mozzarella, the catfish, and the oysters. We ordered 2 gelato - the graham cracker and the salted caramel - both creamy and not too sweet. All this food came to about $30/person without tip, which I thought was a great value. Would love to come back with another group - there're just too many great dishes to try, and my friends who had never been here before loved the whole experience.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Make reservations or come early for downstairs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The best piece of advice I have is to make reservations or come early to sit downstairs. The atmosphere is very different from upstairs. If you're like me and the atmosphere is part of the experience, you'll want to be downstairs, which is a bit more chic and comfortable than the tables upstairs. The clientele was a lot of couples on what appeared to be first dates, and I could see it being a good place for business lunches.

The food was good. I had a really delicious gazpacho, the handcut spaghetti, which was a very simple and classic dish, and the panna cotta (without sorbet, so it wasn't overly sweet). I think next time I would go for a more interesting entree, but it's worth trying the spaghetti, as it is really, really fresh.

The names to a lot of the drinks were nods to different music genres, which I found very cute. Many options had very fresh herbs and spices, although a few were too sweet. I would ask for recommendations from your waiter to make sure you don't end up with something that tastes like a Sweet Tart. The more herbal, spicy drinks were better.

Fun experience and the menu changes, so it's worth multiple visits.

Visited November 2013
“Always great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We've been to Graffiato several times and are never disappointed. The small plates change seasonally, so there's always some thing new to try. Depending on the season, some of our favorites are: Brussels sprouts, gnocchi, sweet corn agnolotti, the cheese and cure plate. The cocktails constantly change as well and again, we've never been disappointed. The pizzas are fine but, honestly, you are missing out if you don't go for the small plates.

Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Best meal of my trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Oh my goodness!! Started with bread and the glorious pepperoni sauce, then had the gnocchi with pork ragu.. Oh! Finished with great gelato. This was hands down the best meal I had in Washington and would love to go back again and again!

Visited June 2014