I stayed here for 2 nights in July, 2011 for a union conference. The American Federation of teachers holds this every 2 years and thousands of members from all over the country attend. The hotel did an amazing job handling all of the accommodations, tech equipment, and facilitating the breakout room activities. For business/conventions this hotel gets a thumbs up. Special thumbs up to Jonathan at the front desk, who helped us out with payment, room check-in, and answered over a dozen questions about where to cash checks! Superb hospitality!
The hotel itself is HUGE. I found it very easy to get lost, but there are signs everywhere to get you where you are going. I did find time to walk around and scope out the place. The Wardman tower is in the original, old building. Here you find exposed brick and many historical references and objects. This is also where the pool is located. It seemed to be a nice size with ample room for chairs and loungers. The grounds of the resort are gorgeous--very well-maintained and aesthetically pleasing.
The rooms are my one gripe. Those located near the elevators/vending machines are very noisy, as you can hear everything going on in the hallways. I was also able to hear the cars and trucks out on the street. Granted, this is not the fault of the hotel, but when you are in seminars for 12 hours a day, it would be nice to have peace and quiet for sleep.
The location was amazing, right above the Woodley Park/National Zoo stop on the red line of the DC Metro. Its only 4 stops from Union Station. The food in the hotel is very expensive and not too good, so make the best of the many restaurants on the block. There is an eatery for every palate out there! The hop-on, hop-off tour bus stops just outside the hotel, as does the public bus that hits all the main attractions around DC. Plus, the National Zoo is only about 3 blocks away.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to business and leisure travelers alike. Just request a room away from the vending/ice machines and elevators.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood in the heart of Washington, DC filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away, you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Head north to hear the sounds of animals coming from the National Zoo. Or venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott