Washington Marriott Wardman Park
  • Breakfast included
US$301
US$257
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$418
US$237
US$194
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$193
US$165
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
2,716 results
All reviewsharry's pubstone's throw restaurantmetro stophuge hotelconvention hotelstayed at the marriottnational cathedralthe concierge loungelarge conferencetypical marriottadams morganconnecticut aveconference facilitiesself parkingattended a conferenceoutdoor poolnice neighborhood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I attended a conference in July. First let me start by saying that President Obama was the speaker at our luncheon so security was pretty tight from the moment i got there. About 10 minutes after getting to my room the security alarm started going off. I called downstairs only to be informed that the hotel was being evacuated because of a security breach. I look outside my window to see people running out of the hotel. The front desk person then said that the hotel had been evacuated and i asked told her i had no idea and she said "oh don't worry about it people can return to their rooms now". Obviously i was a little disturbed by the whole situation because when the alarm went off people had already been evacuated.
The hotel has a few restaurants on site. Harry's Pub has bar food, i had the chicken wings and a coke came out to about $15. Woodley Market is a place for coffee sandwiches and snacks. Stone's Throw Restaurant and Bar is great! Their steaks are delish!!!!
This hotel is located near the metro and the street behind it has a bunch of tiny restaurants as well as a CVS and a McDonalds. Overall the hotel is good what really put me off about it was the whole security breach thing. I think the hotel could of done a better job of letting guest know what was going on.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I've stayed at this Marriott a couple of times in conjunction with a large conference. The hotel is huge, but dealt with the large number of conference-goers well. The fitness center continues to be large and nice by hotel standards. I stayed in the older wing of the hotel, which continues with its "charm", but this time they put me in an extremely large suite. The rooms are older, but clean. The hotel has easy access to the Red Line of the Metro, which is a quick ride into the middle of DC. The Zoo is nearby, and there are plenty of restaurants. The "Stone's Throw" restaurant was okay for breakfast, but a little overpriced (as many hotels are). The outside landscaping is incredible and very nice to look at. The metro ride to Reagan airport can be a little long, but is much cheaper than a taxi.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

I attended the Academy of Neonatal Nurses conference here earlier this month. What a great choice for a large meeting! The hotel itself is gorgeous and accommodating. The conference facilities were lovely. The room was great. I thought the mini-lobbies by the elevators on each floor were beautiful! The location, as noted by others, by the metro, was superb. The food & beverage offerings were "OK". With three large gatherings (the triathletes, the ANN and the Mother/Baby Nursing conference), they were a bit stressed. I was pleased that I could go to the Woodley Market for my daily latte, but the cost of eating in the hotel was VERY high, even for DC standards. $7 for my 20oz latte, which, of course, I paid, because I was caffeine-deprived! The pub had a good menu, but service was slow and the hostess seemed annoyed that, as a single diner, I wanted to sit at a table instead of the bar. She was like a vulture, waiting until I finished so she could clean the table for the next party. For dining, my advice is to explore the restaurants a block away on Connecticut Avenue or take the Metro one stop to Dupont Circle for a wide variety of eateries.

Room Tip: Main tower rooms are more accessible to conference facilities and entrances. Elevator lobbies on each floor are an elegant surprise.
1  Thank alaskalolo
Reviewed 16 September 2011

EXCELLENT LOCATION - Near metro or short cab rides everywhere.

Room Tip: Ask for main Bldg Low Floor in back of hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I went to Washington for conference and spent 3 nights in this hotel. Location is superb! From the door to the metro station only a few steps. National Zoo is only 10 minutes walk. Very nice area, many restaurants on Connecticut Ave. From my room on 10th floor I could see the dome of National Capitol, and the Washington Monument was just in front of my eyes. The staff in this hotel just exeptional - every one of them from managers to housekeeping. Rooms were comfortable. Everything I needed I had there. The toiletry high quality (from Bath and Body Works). The bedding was wonderful - soft cotton and dawn. Loved it.
Here it comes - BUT... Unfortunately, after second night in a hotel, I found a bed bug in my bed next to the pillow. Unpleasant surprise. I guess, it happends in any hotel, no matter were the hotel located and how nice it is. The manager moved me to another room and I had a nice complimentary dinner.
Will I stay there again? Not sure. But if you will, just be aware and inspect your bed carefully. Also keep your suitcase above the floor and all your clothes on hangers. I really don't think that this hotel has more bed bugs than others. I did not see any in my new room, and I didn't hear anybody else complained of it. I just was "lucky". I still loved my stay in this hotel. Big part of it - the staff. They are just WONDERFUL!

Room Tip: Some of the room does not have any views - 3097. All you can see from the window is the roof of anothe building. Ask room with nice view. Higher floors have a better chance for better views.
1  Thank Tatiana76131