The hotel was very nice. It was very convenient for travel around DC. The metro is just across the road. There are shops and restaurants in the hotel. It would be nice if they offered some type of breakfast deal, but there are very good restaurants nearby. The hotel is large and has a very nice decor throughout. The parking garage was convenient, but we did not use our car, during the stay. We were concerned before our stay because there are several reports of bed bugs at this location, but we were very fortunate and had no problems with bed bugs on our 7 th floor room. We were visiting over the Easter holiday. It was a beautiful setting with lots of tulips.
We were at the end of the hall, but were not bothered by the long walk to the elevator. Be aware that this is also the location of lots of conferences, so the lobby may have lots of traffic at times, but it never interfered with our stay at all. We spend a lot of time walking any time we visit DC. Check-in went very smoothly. The front desk staff were very helpful, when we decided to leave a day early, there was no charge for the extra day.
The cleaning staff always provided what we needed for the stay.
I was always pleased that the room was very sound proof because I am a light sleeper.
I don't think the hotel is as close to the zoo, as many reviews describe.
I would recommend the hotel to others, but always check the bed bug registry for rooms that may have had a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood in the heart of Washington, DC filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away, you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Head north to hear the sounds of animals coming from the National Zoo. Or venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott