As a conference hotel, this met most expectations but it is not up to the Marriott standard for service. It is a HUGE hotel and staff seem content to let you get lost. The directions to my room were rather vague as were those to my colleagues. The room itself (center tower, concierge level) was very nice, clean and quiet. The bed was plush and comfortable. The concierge room had a very nice breakfast but closed rather early in the evening. The hotel pub was nice with a standard pub menu, very small portions and very high prices ($12.00 for a glass of wine that I found out later in the day sells for about $8 a bottle locally). I had room service for one dinner and had a very small bowl of soup, an appetizer that consisted of 4 small shrimp on a plate with a few pieces of corn and ice cream. The total was $44.00 which is disgraceful. At most, this dinner should have cost under $20. The wireless internet was confusing and annoying. We allegedly had wireless in the conference room but not one person near me could access it. To access wireless, we all had to go out towards the lobby and use a different sign on portal. The hotel is nicely located with a good walking trail and park adjacent to it. The pool is not operational at this time and there is no hot tub or spa. There is a sauna but it was turned off when I went in. I waited a few minutes but it heated so slowly I gave up. I inquired at the front desk about the massage services and the attendant could not explain any of the services or the cost. I gave up on that too. All in all, nothing really bad about this place but nothing outstanding either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood in the heart of Washington, DC filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away, you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Head north to hear the sounds of animals coming from the National Zoo. Or venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott