I recently stayed here for a conference. Overall, the hotel is consistent with Marriott standards. I stayed in the tower that is off to one side and not by the main lobby.
The hotel is a little chopped up as it was a little difficult to find the elevator that went to my room but once I figured out the floor plan of the hotel I made my way around ok. Some extra signage pointing to the various elevator shafts would be helpful.
The room was fine but the HVAC was an issue. I probably should have talked to the front desk as the room was always hot no matter what temp the thermostat was on. There was a note on the thremostat to put it in the "auto" setting which I did but it seemed there were some control issues with the thermostat as it would kick to cooling eventually but was not consistent. The room was clean and the bedding was consistent with Marriott propoerties. The TV was a good sized TV and there were no issues with the TV.
On the positive side the hotel is very close to a lot of good restaruants and the Metro line is right outside the front of the hotel so that is very convenient.
Overall, a decent Marriott but for price (I know Washington is expensive) I would have expected a little more. I would still recommend staying here based on the location and overall stay experience but just not one of the best Marriotts I have stayed at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood in the heart of Washington, DC filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away, you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Head north to hear the sounds of animals coming from the National Zoo. Or venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott