We were residents of this hotel for a week during a Veteran Treatment Court Conference being held here. Our room was pretty average compared to many places we have stayed around the DC area in the past. It was a small room, but we basically only slept there since we were out most of the days and evenings. It fit our needs. Although our room was pretty dated, we found our room cleaned nicely each time we returned back after our long days. We found the staff at the hotel to be friendly and helpful, and it worked well to not have to leave the hotel for our conference each day. I appreciated the safe in our room.
The conference rooms were convenient and comfortable. We appreciated the water coolers that were available and the breakfast room that was available to the Mentors. This room was well serviced by a friendly gentleman each morning before our sessions began. I'm sorry I didn't get his name.
We ate lunch here twice, but felt the buffet was over-priced. I would recommend eating out at local restaurants that are nearby if you have the time. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance.
The location of the hotel was convenient to transportation. We had seven in our group and easily caught cheap transportation to see the sights without paying for a cab each time. We only used a cab for transportation to and from the airport. That was not provided by the hotel.
The thing about DC is the fact that there is competition for hotels in the area. The ranking by Tripadvisor participants is just about right. I would recommend this hotel for people looking for friendly business conference environments, but I'd shop around if you are looking for a romantic time away as couples or a family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood in the heart of Washington, DC filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away, you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Head north to hear the sounds of animals coming from the National Zoo. Or venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, TravelUp, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott