Washington Marriott Wardman Park
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$485
US$458
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)
US$300
US$268
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Washington, DC / US Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$250
  • Breakfast included
Washington Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$275
US$218
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$349
US$320
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$476
US$278
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$254
Agoda.com
  • Pool
JW Marriott Washington, DC(Washington DC)
US$573
Travelocity
2,723 results
All reviewsharry's pubstone's throw restaurantmetro stophuge hotelconvention hotelstayed at the marriottnational cathedralthe concierge loungelarge conferencetypical marriottadams morganconnecticut aveconference facilitiesself parkingattended a conferenceoutdoor poolnice neighborhood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We were residents of this hotel for a week during a Veteran Treatment Court Conference being held here. Our room was pretty average compared to many places we have stayed around the DC area in the past. It was a small room, but we basically only slept there since we were out most of the days and evenings. It fit our needs. Although our room was pretty dated, we found our room cleaned nicely each time we returned back after our long days. We found the staff at the hotel to be friendly and helpful, and it worked well to not have to leave the hotel for our conference each day. I appreciated the safe in our room.

The conference rooms were convenient and comfortable. We appreciated the water coolers that were available and the breakfast room that was available to the Mentors. This room was well serviced by a friendly gentleman each morning before our sessions began. I'm sorry I didn't get his name.

We ate lunch here twice, but felt the buffet was over-priced. I would recommend eating out at local restaurants that are nearby if you have the time. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance.

The location of the hotel was convenient to transportation. We had seven in our group and easily caught cheap transportation to see the sights without paying for a cab each time. We only used a cab for transportation to and from the airport. That was not provided by the hotel.

The thing about DC is the fact that there is competition for hotels in the area. The ranking by Tripadvisor participants is just about right. I would recommend this hotel for people looking for friendly business conference environments, but I'd shop around if you are looking for a romantic time away as couples or a family.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

They oversell this place and then stick you in a crappy room, no matter how early you made your reservation nor how early you arrive for your checkin. They stuck me in a room above the kitchen. The entire hallyway reeks of frying grease, and my room reeks of frying grease. Disgusting. I have five nights of this to look forward to. When I asked to move rooms, they explained to me that the place is oversold, and people are being turned away for some other hotel up the street. It would take a great deal of convincing for me to accept that they did not know exactly what the problems are with the rooms on this disgusting grease-filled hallway in this supposedly fine convention hotel. Don't stay here. Don't hold your convention here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jim R, Resident Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Clubber A,

I am sorry to read that the initial room provided was not up to your or our standards. Unfortunately there was an issue with our exhaust system that led to your frustrations. I thank you for bringing this to our attention and I am also glad that our front office management team was able to address your concerns, relocate you to a new room and provide you with compensation for your inconvenience. We do strive to provide a quality experience for every guest but unfortunately at times, even our best efforts fall short when circumstances outside of our control impact a guest's stay.

Jim Redington

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Good location. Hotel is dated but rooms were clean. I've always have good experience at Marriott hotels. Outdoor cafes, bars, fast food; public transportation, bus and rail just steps away from hotel. Within walking distance to White House, Washington Monument. In fact, two of my girlfriends and I walked to the White House. Weather was great, felt like summer. Our walk was very entertaining and exhilirating but nevertheless, a rewarding exercise.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Checked in Saturday night. Room looks at heating or cooling plant WALL but HEAT in room doesn't work. When I called the front desk this morning to request a room change they said rest of rooms would be noisy, near ice machines or on first floor. Be cautious when booking this property! Looks like we're stuck with 2 more nights like this. Doesn't meet Marriott standards.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jim R, Resident Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear JeepCano,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience regarding the Washington, DC Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. I am very sorry to read that your stay fell short of expectations. I have addressed your concerns with the hotel leadership team to ensure both our product and service standards are maintained at the highest caliber.

Respectfully,
Jim Redington

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed at the Wardman Park Hotel in Washington for four days. My way was an excellent stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The information desk was very helpful as well. Great with directions and the valet staff were also very helpful!

I have stayed in many hotels in DC. This has been one of my favorite so far. The hotel restaurants, although pricey, were great and my waitress in Harry's Pub was the best waitress I had during the duration of this stay.

I definitely look forward to staying here at this location again!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business