“One of the best stays in a Mariott Hotel”

Washington Marriott Wardman Park
Ranked #103 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Mesa, Arizona
“One of the best stays in a Mariott Hotel”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

The staff was so nice and helpful, the rooms were very nice and we got some of the best service I've seen in a Marriott and we do stay in a Marriott hotel 2-3 per year. Thank you for your restaurant recommendations, they were all right on.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Great hotel. Stayed in the Wardman Tower. Rooms were very large with excellent views of the surrounding area. Nice bathroom with nothing special shower. Room service was very good and fast. Walking distance to the zoo and other sites. Right next to a metro.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Came to this hotel for a business trip for an overnight stay. The hotel is very large and serves as a conference center for the area. It is in a very nice part of town and close to a subway station, embassy row and the zoo. The lobby and common areas were very noisy but there was a Realtor convention at the time. All in all it is unremarkable, nothing to complain about, although a bit pricey for the value (we paid $500 per night but it was during a convention so prices may be inflated due to low availability).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Hi!,

This hotel need to put more lights at the entrance, or repair the existing ones. at night is very dark I think because of the construction at the Wardman Tower right next to the entrance, I saw at the main entrance two light-post were missing the lights-balls.
Rooms are very small and bathrooms are super smalls.
Bell man named: Albert Roos , an Afro American worker, ( sorry about the ecnicity specification I just want to make sure don't get confused with the Indian worker).
Albert Roos belt man is super rude and an professional, he even told me that if I complain nothing will happen because he has been working for the hotel for more that a decade.
I didn't like that workers from the bellman department get inside the sauna even wearing the work uniforms when all guest are supposed to take a shower first and get inside the sauna with a towel around their waist, not with a belt man uniforms. I realize hotel workers are allowed to use the gym and sauna.
The gym is very nice, very big and now with many new machines, and all you might need.

If you get a KING bed they are very comfortable. Everything is very clean, Latin maids ( housekeepers ) are very nice and smile always when saying hi!.
Some Afroamerican maids are too serious almost like rude. I don't know names so I am trying to be specific.
I don't know why if always is a problem to have king beds available the hotel just don't have more rooms with KING beds, they are on Demand! The respond from front desk at check in is always " sorry we are sell out we don't have kind beds available " or they say " you prebook with a double bed reservation ". First of all I didn't prebook for a double bed room.
I am by my self! Save those rooms with two small beds for those who need it. I DONT NEED TWO SMALL BEDs. I am only one person, traveling with no friends and no families.

This hotel need more rooms with KING BEDS is super uncomfortable to stay 4 days on a room with two small beds when you are only one person ! Less space to walk and less space to sleep.

PLEASE SAVE THE DOUBLE BED ROOMS for those who make the request or need it, I DONT NEED IT.

Stayed May 2014
Jim R, Resident Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear LESMEX,

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Washington, DC Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. I am very sorry to read that your experience fell short of expectations. Reading through your review I am confused regarding several of your concerns. If possible I would like to speak with you on the phone to clarify the short comings. At your convenience please call me at 202.328.2000.

Respectfully,
Chippewa Falls,WI
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My daughter and I recently stayed here ( May 8-13) while visiting my other daughter who goes to school at Catholic University in DC. We wanted to see her before she travels to France for the summer. My wife and I had stayed here last summer. We liked the location of the hotel since it is located in a more residential area. Last summer when we stayed we got a very good room rate ( around $100) and we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite and were given 2 breakfast Buffett tickets and a free appetizer ticket for every day of our stay. We are Marriott Rewards Members and it was mid August so that May have had something to do with it.
The reason for my DISAPPOINTMENT this time were 2 issues:
1. When we checked in we were told the outdoor pool was under construction for the next 3-4 months. When I looked at my reservation and the hotel website it made no mention of that. You would think it would. That is one of the reasons we stayed there. It is hard to find hotels with outdoor pools in DC and we were looking forward to chilling around the pool in the warm DC weather (80-90 degree weather). I should have been made aware of this beforehand. As a Marriott Gold Member they could have offered me something extra to compensate.
2. One morning our toilet overflowed and I wasn't able to fix it so we had to call and have them send someone to fix it which they did promptly. However they were also suppose to send someone to take care of all the water on the bathroom floor which I had to call twice on. When someone finally came all they brought were towels. They made no offer to mop up the water on the floor.
I am not demanding and rarely complain but I thought that would have been the proper thing to do.
In summary we visit my daughter that goes to school in DC twice a year and we are Marriott rewards members and we probably would have stayed here each time in the future that we come to visit . I am not so sure anymore after this experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank koppk01
Jim R, Resident Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Koppk01,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience regarding your stay at the Washington, DC Marriott Wardman Park. I am very sorry to read that your stay fell short of your expectations. Our goal is certainly to provide a problem free experience. I would certainly like to address your concerns. At your convenience could you call me at 202.328.2000? Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

Travellers are raving about these Washington DC hotels

New York City
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here for a conference in April. The staff was friendly and check-in was a breeze. Considering there were over 4000 people at the conference, there was always prompt service. I loved the fact that there was a refrigerator in the room. I also loved the fact that the hotel was close to restaurants, the metro and many other things. The only complaint was construction was going o so I couldn't open my window for fresh air due to the noise. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My most recent stay at the Marriott Wardman had some definite positives. The location is excellent: especially if you have outings to the zoo as part of your travel plans & it's super convenient to the Metro. Our room was spacious (a double) & the staff is professional & courteous. A problem with our bath was fixed within 5 minutes of our call for maintenance - an excellent response time.

The things I didn't like? Their were conspicuous stains on the main rug in the lobby, on an upholstered chair in our room. The room in the Tower section had a dank smell which was off-putting upon first entering the room. Luckily, we were able to open a window which helped alleviate the mustiness.

Finally & most importantly, it was difficult to get a good night sleep in this room (4204). Not only was it located by an elevator, so comings & goings were heard all night; but the traffic noise (even with the window closed) was really noticeable. If I had been staying for another night I would have asked to be re-located.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jim R, Resident Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Pookala,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay at the Washington, DC Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. I am glad to read that you were able to enjoy the location to explore the sights and sounds of Washington, DC. However I am sorry that your room and it's location fell short of expectations.

Best regards,