“Typical Conference Facility”

Washington Marriott Wardman Park
Ranked #108 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Because of other reviews, I was prepared for a mediocre experience, but was pleasantly surprised. I would rate this Marriott a typical conference center experience. I requested a king bed in a quiet area and both requests were granted. My room was clean and large. Access to conference and break out rooms was convenient. My husband rated the fitness center outstanding. The pool was under construction. If you stay here and are looking for a great breakfast and/or lunch restaurant, Open City was fabulous and is a quick walk away. Access to metro was convenient and the National Zoo was very close. Parking was pricey, but that is to be expected. Staff was pleasant. Overall, I had a very nice few days and have no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Diane B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,660)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Marriott Wardman Park was everything we hoped for. A grand hotel in a beautiful location. The facilities were top notch and reasonable in cost. Location was good with the Metro a short block away and some good restaurants within a block. Extensive renovations underway in the older part but this never caused us any issues.

Room Tip: Cabs were reasonable but take a little time to learn the Metro, it's clean and efficient. We l...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here while visiting the city and taking an Italian Exchange student to DC. The hotel is typical Marriott, and the employees were generally very, very helpful. The hotel is undergoing extensive renovations and it will be interesting to see the finished product. We had no problems during our stay.

The hotel is located right at the Wardman Park Metro stop that connects into all other lines. With our metro passes, we found this to be ultra convenient.

I would absolutely stay here again, but then again, I am a Marriott Gold member .....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here for a corporate event but would never opt to stay here. Even if I was on a tight budget, there are many other hotels in DC that are cleaner, more updated, and located better. There was nothing blatantly bad about it, but there was nothing very good about it either. It felt a little dirty and the furniture was definitely old and dated. Had lunch in the lobby lounge and the ahi tuna salad was wonderful. Conference facilities were okay. The service at the front desk was no where near the quality you normally get at a Marriott. Very uninterested and unfriendly. The food on the concierge level was good, but it was very crowded as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jim R, Resident Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Gophillies20,

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Washington, DC Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. I apologize that the service provided fell short of your expectations. I will certainly share your remarks with our front office team to ensure concerns can be addressed. I am also delighted to share that we are at the beginning stages of a $20,000,000 renovation. We are excited about our upcoming changes and I do hope you consider giving us another opportunity should your travels bring you back this way.

Respectfully,
Jim Redington

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've stayed here many times, usually for business meetings. Great location in nice neighborhood on Connecticut Ave. just a few blocks from the Zoo and right at the Zoo Metro Stop. Neighborhood has many restaurants, mostly ordinary or slightly worse than that. Rooms are ok, meeting rooms are extensive, Starbucks in lobby. This time I paid through the nose ($409) because I needed a single weekday night and they saw me coming. Like most expensive hotels you pay for internet (I think either $13 or $16 a day) unless you go to the lobby where they have free wi-fi. Valet parking was $38 for one night, but they did not ding the fender.

Room Tip: It's noisy by the elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Found this on hotel .com, it was reasonably priced there. It is located in a central area of DC.and on top of a hill. I kept saying to my son, that it was actually on top of the DC metro, which to me was under the grounds of the hotel. We went in the Spring for a college tour with my son, and booked it for overnight. The area has the zoo, shopping and lots of restaurants, Hooka bars etc. The lobbies are great, colorful and well kept. In front of the main entrance is a fire pit, where you can sit and talk. However, Easter weekend when we went, it was not needed, because the temperature was in the 80's. The staff is very friendly, pleasant and accommodating, and the rooms are nice, and big with nice furniture. I was very impressed, because the ad and description for it was the total opposite. I said I was going back for my birthday,this June, and to stay longer,but didn't get around to it, due to illness in the family. They are doing a lot of renovations, and might not be as reasonable as they were in the Spring, so book now, and you won't have any regrets, even if the price goes up. They are also family friendly, along with their location, and, you do have to pay for wi fi. Sorry!!!

Room Tip: Stay wasn't very long. My only complaint is, you had to pay for wi fi. Their pool is outdoors...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Pro: near zoo and metro
Con: it’s a tired looking hotel. Hallways and rooms are in need of renovations.
We stayed on the club floor. It’s pretty bad looking. There’s nothing charming or inviting about it. It looks like a cafeteria, with crowded, old tables pushed together.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jim R, Resident Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

kw212,
Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. I am very sorry to read that your time here fell short of your expectations. We are very excited about our $20,000,000 renovation that has already begun.

Respectfully,