The Marriott Wardman is just a few blocks down the street from the National Zoo, and right next to a Metro station. Lobby and conference areas are large and well appointed. Staff were on hand during changes from a general session to break-outs to direct people to the various levels where training sessions were held-- a nice touch. The hotel sprawls over several buildings connected by enclosed walkways, so as a friend said, he had to go up to the ninth floor to get to the lobby area. So if with other companions, make sure and ask to be in the same tower at least. Room I had was in the Central Towers, a big 10 story complex that had 3 different hallways to rooms. Room was updated though you could tell it was an older hotel. Room was somewhat tight as well; the placement of the desk and chair at the end of the bed was awkward. Had to roll the chair out of the way to go around the bed. But the desk had plenty of plugins handy and internet was quite strong. Bed was a bit harder than I prefer. AC worked fine. Bathroom was small; generally by myself I never close the bathroom door but had to in order to get to the tub. Counter space was sufficient and water was hot instantly, even though I was on the 9th floor.
Only complaint I had was the shower curtain liner. Very nasty and I reported it to the desk clerk when I left, hopefully they advised housekeeping. It needed to be taken outside and burned it was so nasty.
I took a cab to and from Reagan to the hotel and it was incredibly fast. I left the hotel Saturday- walked out my room at 10:17. Walked the very long hallway to the elevators, down 9 floors, walked out and got a cab. I was at the Security entrance to my terminal down one level at Reagan at 10:43. Even though this hotel is a ways from the Capitol, the Rockcreek Parkway is super fast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood in the heart of Washington, DC filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away, you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Head north to hear the sounds of animals coming from the National Zoo. Or venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott