“Excellent Food + Friendly Crew = Great Experience”

Spirit of Washington
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Spirit of Washington DC Sunset Dinner Cruise with...
More attraction details
Owner description: Come aboard Spirit of Washington for a unique mix of dining, entertainment and views. Cruising the Potomac River year-round, Spirit offers lunch, dinner, and holiday cruises like Father's Day, plus a variety of themed cruises.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We were in the Washington Area for a reunion and one of the excursions offered was a dinner cruise on Spirit of Washington.
We began our meal while still alongside the pier. They offered a wonderful variety including baked talapia, breaded and baked chicken, short ribs, pasta, grilled polenta, baked tomato stuffed with spiced couscous. It was all absolutely mouthwatering! Seasoning was spot on, fish was moist, chicken was tender, the short ribs were melt-in-your-mouth tender. The deserts included a mousse, a chocolate cake and a mini-apple tart. All were fabulous.
Service was spot on and with a smile.
The boat left her berth just a little north of where the Anacostia River joins Potomac.
We went "topside" and watched the world go by from the top deck.
The boat went south past the Wilson bridge by about a mile and then turned north to dock at the same pier from which she left. As we disembarked part of the crew lined the pier cheering us and thanking for sailing with them.
All in all, a well spent evening! I'd do this again!

2  Thank BoilerMakerBob
in 13 reviews
in 12 reviews
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 14 August 2014

During our trip to DC I was sooo excited to take this river cruise and see the fireworks. We paid a lot of money for this Holiday cruise. Our waiter took our drink order early but we waited and never got our drinks ---- the entire night! To get a drink you had to wait in line 1/2 hour at least and we tried the bars on all 3 levels. The food was great and the DJ on the bottom floor was great also. The fireworks started while it was still light out and all you saw was smoke. Not the fault of Spirit Cruises. However the boat started turning before the fireworks were over and everyone on the starboard side couldn't see the fireworks anymore. 5 minutes before we docked we saw our waiter for only the 2nd time all night. Still no drinks and he had no answer for the chaos. We did see him deliver drinks to many others in our area. When we returned home to Illinois, I received an email from the company asking to review our cruise experience. I listed the few good and many bad points of our boat ride. Guess they didn't care as I never heard back from them..

5  Thank Linda D
Cruises42, Manager at Spirit of Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Hi there - It sounds like there were good parts and bad parts to your cruise. Of course,we want the whole experience to be good so we're sad to hear about the things that went wrong. We totally understand your frustration with us as we have not communicated with you at all. We are so sorry about this and would really like to chance to talk to you about your cruise. Please reach out to Dan, our DC General Manager to discuss some of the issues you experienced. We really to hope to hear from you!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My Family and I sailed Spirit of Washington for our families' first -ever, family reunion. The Staff onboard were great and friendly.
Prior to booking the cruise, my experience was great with the sales person Els until one of the members of my family fell ill.
That family member has been in intensive care now for over a month and had paid for 8 of her family to attend the cruise. Unfortunately because this family had been near death ,neither she nor her family members could no longer attend the family reunion or the cruise.
When we contacted our normally gracious and attentive salesperson Els, we learned that not only could we not receive our money back, a credit for a future cruise or some other reasonable accommodation, we were told we had to pay a 75.00 conversion fee in order to convert some our children's tickets into adult tickets as we had found some other adults who could attend the cruise in place of my ailing family member and her children since we could not obtain a refund.
After nearly thirty minutes haggling on the phone and a return phone call from Els, we ended up paying an additional 15.00 rather than the 75.00 dollars in order to convert the tickets from children's tickets to adult ticket during a period in which we almost lost a dear family member.
My secondary issue is this, I was told by my salesperson ELS. The dress code was strict NO JEANS, NO ATHLETIC SHOES. As a result, several members of my family who paid decided not to cruise because that's what they preferred to wear however, when I boarded the ship, I counted over 20 people in JEANS, ATHLETIC SHOES AND BASEBALLS CAPS.
The ladies bathroom was full of poop before we sailed, the DJ was terrible.

I could have overlooked the DJ, and possibly the other issues but, I cannot overlook this company's insensitivity during a critical health crisis for one of my dear family members.

I will not recommend this cruise. I will not sail this ship or its subsidiaries.

2  Thank Tara M
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The experience was very nice and we had a blast looking at all the monuments and all that D.C . Has to offer