“Great location!”

Ranked #43 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Jackson, Mississippi
“Great location!”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This hotel is in a wonderful location....very convienient to the metro and lots of great restaurants. We were able to walk to the National Mall (with our 6 year old) and see the monuments and museums with no problem. We would definitely stay here again. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Rshorter913, Manager at Courtyard Washington Convention Center, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you for your visit and sharing your comments. I am pleased you found the hotel to your liking. As you point out, our downtown location is easy walking distance to many attractions, restaurants and bars. I will share your kind comments regarding our friendly service to our staff members. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Ralph Shorter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
New Jersey
Reviewed 17 May 2012

The hotel is located in a convenient area for those visiting Washington. I stayed on the concierge floor and the room was clean and what you would expect at a Courtyard. My colleagues stayed on other floors and had concerns about the cleanliness of their rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your visit and sharing your comments. I am pleased you found the hotel to your liking and our staff helpful and friendly. I’m sorry that your colleges had challenges with our service, as we strive to exceed each guest expectation. Your feedback is very valuable to us, and I will share with our team members. Thank you again, and we look forward to your return visit.

Warn regards,

Milner, Georgia
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Only stayed one night but really liked the hotel. The location is great, and the rooms were new and clean. Also, there is a brewery in the hotel. :)

I had no problem with service, checkout and checkin were fast and efficient. The only negative was that it took a little while to get the car from the Valet. I will stay here next time I am in DC.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. We apologize for the inconveniences with retrieving your vehicle as this is not a true reflection of our normal efficient service. Thank you once again for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Nation’s Capital.

Warn regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed here on a recent family holiday. The location is excellent and the hotel was clean and modern. Breakfast was included in the price but was confusing, "you can have one of those or two of those but they are not included" the food was great but they just need to simplify the process. The room and beds were great. The drinks and nibbles in the lobby in the evening was a nice touch. Would definately stay here again and would recommend to other travellers. There is a sushi place in the block behind the hotel and we had some of the best sushi we had ever had.

Room Tip: If you have kids book the king room which has a lounge room / sofa bed as opposed to a room with two...
1 Thank Panky71
Rshorter913, Manager at Courtyard Washington Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and found our location ideal. We strive to exceed our guest expectations and are glad you enjoyed our daily guest "thank you" reception as well. We are looking forward to your next visit with us.

Ralph shorter
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 April 2012

This hotel is conveniently located for the convention center and the National Portrait Gallery and close to other museums on the Mall. It's hard to say much about the "value" of DC hotels because each hotel's prices range all over the place, depending on the level of convention business (and special events like cherry blossom time). If your schedule is flexible and you want good prices, look for times when there is no business going on such as around July 4th and other holidays. Since this trip was business paid by someone else (who made the booking) I don't even know what the price was. However, I do know that the hotel was pretty disorganized. The room booked for me was supposed to include breakfast but when I checked in they said it didn't. There were about ten of us in the group, so I contacted the organizer the next morning who spent a considerable amount of time trying to get the situation corrected before the others were denied breakfast - with no success. They did provide us with breakfast coupons for the next morning, but frankly after I ate the breakfast I wished I hadn't - it just didn't taste very good and the fried potatoes left a bad taste in the mouth, like the fat had been sitting around a while.. I used to like Courtyards - they used to have a moderately priced breakfast buffet of cold items with optional hot items cooked to order. Maybe other Courtyards do but this was disappointing. The hotel has an indoor pool, although it is so small as to be a joke as far as I am concerned. You couldn't use it for exercise. The gym was split between two rooms, one with four treadmills and two elliptical trainers, the other with a weight machine and a set of weights. Half of the weight machine was non-functional because of a broken line, and had probably been that way a while. The first morning I was there, the elevator wouldn't respond to the call buttons on the main floor. When an elevator arrived (by virtue of someone having used it to come down to the floor) a hotel employee got off. I mentioned the problem to the employee and he totally ignored me, walking right by and going over to the desk. I went to the desk and mentioned it again and he took my room key card from my hand - although I protested that the card was not the problem, and disappeared. The desk clerk said that he had gone to find the engineer. When the elevators started working again, I had to wait around for the guy to come back with my key. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again by choice.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Rshorter913, Manager at Courtyard Washington Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments. We apologize for the many inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. The service that you received is not reflected of our hotel and the Marriott Courtyard brand.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to amend the many challenges of your last visit and deliver the Courtyard brand experiences, exceeding your expectations.

London, UK
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have been staying in Marriott hotels for many years, both on business and for pleasure. The Courtyard group has always been very good value and is my preferred choice when I do not need the full service fancy restaurant experience. This particular Courtyard is one of the best, if not THE best in the group. Free internet, cocktail appetisers for 5pm - 7pm, good buffet breakfast at weekends, gym & pool, great accommodation and a superb location. But the best feature of this place is the staff. They were very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble, creating a relaxed atmosphere with a first class 'can do' service attitude. Every department had the same ethic including front desk, concierge, restaurant/cafe, health. They even provide open access to a small business module with printer for everybody's use.
I look forward to visiting again....
Rob Warriner

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and found our location ideal and staff so friendly and helpful. We strive to exceed our guest expectations and are glad you enjoyed our daily guest "thank you" reception as well. We are looking forward to your next visit with us.

Ralph shorter
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is a nice hotel to stay at for a family trip to DC. The location is perfect -- two blocks in one direction to the Chinatown Metro, and 3 blocks in the other to the Metro Center Metro. The kids enjoyed the pool. The hotel was clean and comfortable, and was walking distance to many great restaurants. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Rshorter913, Manager at Courtyard Washington Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for your visit and comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit and found our location ideal and staff so friendly and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back in future.